camp sunny smiles ⤭

briefing.

sunny smiles was a pretty typical summer camp for any kid looking to escape their home for the summer. but the sole fact that it was the only one in the area? now, that made it incredibly desirable.

and so, every year as the sun grew brighter overhead and the days grew longer, as the end of the school year came close and kids began causing trouble at home, parents and their children alike began to look forward to the day when sunny smiles would open for the summer.

on that bright summer day every year, kids would flock to the entrance, excitedly tying their bracelets onto their wrist and waving goodbye to exasperated parents. and the counselors would be waiting for them with open arms, preparing themselves for what was in store for the next 3 weeks.

 and the counselors would be waiting for them with open arms, preparing themselves for what was in store for the next 3 weeks

geonu's story.
for geonu, sunny smiles was the only summer camp he'd ever known. first a camper every year, and now a counselor, the boy knew the establishment like the back of his hand. nothing had really changed in his three years of counseling. sure there were a few new campers here and there, but for the most part, his summers are filled with fun after fun with familiar faces. now that he knows this is going to be his last time at sunny smiles before fulfilling his dream of becoming an idol, he knows he has to make it count.

melody's story.
she's been a dedicated student all her life, along with a dancer and painter. but before she goes off to college, she wanted to have one last experience in her hometown that will stay with her forever. sure, she's new to the whole summer camp counseling ordeal, but she knows that she can figure it out and she's not completely unfamiliar with the camp. she did attend for a week when she was 10 years old. she doesn't remember too much about it but, she's excited to learn and make memories.

their story.
between managing arts and crafts, relentless games of kickball and attempting to not burn the marshmallows, something else kindles between them. and it's not just the burning campfires.

 and it's not just the burning campfires

meet the cast of campfires.

geonu lee