a

melody drops off the box with a soft thud

melody drops off the box with a soft thud. it sure is hot outside, and she can feel that with the sweat accumulating at the back of her neck. she wipes her hands on her jean shorts, and turns around, when she hears a loud "BOO!"

startled, she clutches her chest and stumbles to the ground. the man quickly reveals himself from behind the tree and feels bad for scaring her. reaching out a hand to her, he apologizes multiple times.

"sorry, sorry. i didn't think you would be that scared." he begins, finding himself subject to the girl's scowl.

melody brushes herself off, watching the loosely scattered particles of dirt fall off the sleeves of her light blue and white flannel shirt. she grumbles half-heartedly in response, "yeah well that's what happens when someone is least expecting you to startle them. so much for first impressions."

her scowl quickly turns into a pout of embarrassment and the boy can't help but smile. noticing this, she points a finger at him. "look you're not even sorry, you're laughing at me."

"no no, i'm not laughing at you. i am sorry, really." the boy's eyes are too coercing to argue with so melody looks away briefly. "and plus, it wasn't a bad first impression. your eyes went wide and it was kind of cu-"

"geonu, stop flirting with the pretty new counselor and help me set up these chairs!" a voice calls from a few meters away. melody and the stranger she had just met follow the direction of the sound. melody figures that it came from the short girl with long blonde hair who was now animatedly waving at them. she points at melody, shouting, "love your hair by the way!"

peeking out of the building behind her, a tall brown-haired boy appears next to the girl. "oh it's her! hi! i'm jeongin and this is hitomi! but bro, stop it, we want to meet her later too!"

geonu rolls his eyes, before flashing a cute smile at the girl. he mouths the words "wait here, i'll be right back" before jogging to meet up with the other two counselors. jeongin and hitomi wave at melody before they walk away, leaving her confused at the encounter she just had.