thank you for lighting up my summer.

it's chilly out tonight

it's chilly out tonight. melody can feel it from the way the crisp air pricks her skin, rippling goosebumps across her arms. she reaches her hands out, placing them nearer to the blazing campfire in front of her, accidentally hitting the boy to her right.

"oops! sorry." she mumbles apologetically. geonu just smiles, copying her action and reaching out to warm his hands as well.

"cold?" he asks.

"not exactly." she replies, and she means it. despite the frigid summer night temperature, she feels warm. and it's all because of the people around her. the counselor looks at her surroundings, eyes glancing around the circle of campers and counselors seated around the campfire.

you and me, together.
let's sit in a circle and look at each other

hitomi hands ni-ki a s'more and he takes it gingerly, eyes darting anxiously between the incredibly burnt marshmallow and the female who just gave it to him. ni-ki gulps and munches on it anyways, wincing as he feels the charred taste in his mouth. daniel stifles a giggle at ni-ki's reaction, leaving hitomi confused.

melody chuckles from her seat before turning to geonu, "i'll make some s'mores for the kids, okay? i'll be right back." geonu nods, facing heeseung and youngbin as they entertain the minis next to them.

she makes her way to her friend, relieving her of the s'mores duty and settling in the space between daniel and nina. "so who wants a s'more?" melody asks out loud, smiling when she hears a chorus of "me's".

brightly shining in the night sky
is the sound of our song,
the sound of our laughter.

from across the campfire, chaeryoung claps her hands enthusiastically, signalling the kids to focus their attention on her. "as you all know, we have a very important tradition hear at camp sunny smiles! if you know it, shout it out in 3...2...1!"

"memory moves!!!" the campers shout in unison, echoing up into the dark starry sky.

let's not be chased by time
and forget how precious it is.

"that's right! beomgyu cheers. "now let's go over how it works. first, we'll give you 3 minutes to think of you favorite memory. then the fun starts."

jeongin continues, "one person will start by acting out their favorite memory and the rest of the campers and counselors have to guess what it is. whoever gets it right gets to go next, until everyone got the chance to share."

as soon as he finishes his sentence, the campers start thinking furiously about what special memory they want to act out. melody makes the last s'more, handing it to daniel, before thinking about her special memory as well.

we're leaving on the memory train
as it starts to leave with old stories

lost in her thoughts, the counselor is jolted back to reality when she hear niki exclaiming, "i want to go first! i want to go first! i have a good one!" olivia gives him the thumbs up to start and he begins making motions to represent his memory.