the

╒══════════════════╕

the summer of 2010

╘══════════════════╛

the following summer, geonu was excited to come back. he had friends, and people knew him. but most of all, he was excited to play kickball.

just like last year, he left his round, metal-rimmed glasses in the cabin, double-knotted his shoelaces and headed to the field. there was a new girl on the other team. she had silky black hair tied into two pigtails. but he didn't have time to look at her.

he had a game to win.

one of his teammates got their last out and it was time to switch sides. geonu stayed slightly to the left of the pitcher, ready to tag out whoever was running back to home base.

the kickers and runners on the other team lined up. the new girl was kicking first. interesting choice. she'd shown exceptional fielding skills in the prior minutes of the game, catching the ball, sprinting across the field and tagging out large groups of players at a time.

her intention was too aim low and run fast, and it would have worked had there not been a minor, uh...collision.

geonu wasn't paying attention to the kicker, as he turned to high-five heeseung behind him. then, it all happened too quickly.

heeseung's eyes grew wide as he saw the direction of the ball, but by the time geonu faced front again, it was too late. the ball hit the boy in the worst possible spot and he crumpled to the ground, hands clutching his lower area.

the game stopped immediately and he was brought to the infirmary.

he recovered, thankfully. he was back to his dream-catcher making, campfire song singing, kickball-dominating self in no time. but the girl was no where to be seen. after only two weeks of camp, she had disappeared without a trace.

days passed, and summers passed as well. campers moved in and out, including geonu's best friend, heeseung. soon enough, all the campers had forgotten about the whole kickball incident that occurred in the summer of 2010. although the camp had forgotten, that memory had never truly left geonu's mind...

 although the camp had forgotten, that memory had never truly left geonu's mind