What The Hell We Gonna Do Now?

Chapter 2 so soon? Yes because I'm just that nice. And I'm trying to make up for the fact I still need to finish writing the chapter for Life Goes on. Anyways I really hope you like it. I know a lot of dialogue is from the Lightening thief but I think Percy's sarcastic commentary lightens the load. And don't worry not everything will be the same. The next chapter is Capture the flag so the ore reviews\comments the faster I upload it. Anyways read away and have fun.

Percy P.o.v

Camp Half-Blood was both the same and different from what I remember. I hadn't been home in over eight months but still, the lack of demigods and minor cabins made my heart feel heavy. As Chiron and I walked around people watched me and whispered behind my back and honestly remembering what I did I couldn't blame them. I should have died by the minotaur's hands but I got lucky. It seemed that most of my accomplishments were based on luck and I wondered when luck would finally fail me. Didn't it already? I mean I did just die like an hour ago. At least I'm pretty sure I did.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the curtains in the attic of the big house move. I was overcome with a feeling of being watched and not just from the surrounding demigods. I looked up trying to see who was up there but they were gone. Remembering this specific scenario from 6 years ago I turned to Chiron.

"What's up there?" I asked.

He looked where I was pointing, and his smile faded. "Just the attic."

"Somebody lives there?"

"No," he said with finality. "Not a single living thing."

Chiron was pretty clever. What he said was the truth because the oracle was very much mummified but still.

"Come along, Percy," Chiron said, his lighthearted tone now a little forced. "Lots to see."

We walked through the strawberry fields, where campers were picking bushels of berries while a satyr played a tune on a reed pipe. I lingered in the peaceful area just a little longer than necessary

Chiron explained why we grew strawberries and how they covered everything. I tuned him out a little more busy mulling over what being 12 years old again meant. The last 6 years of my life have virtually vanished and I'm nothing more than a scrawny kid with daddy issues and a supposed dead mother. My life was a mess.

"Grover won't get in too much trouble, will he?" I asked Chiron trying to distract myself. "He was a good protector. Really. I wouldn't be here without him" everything I said was true over had really helped me.

Chiron sighed. He shed his tweed jacket and draped it over his horse's back like a saddle. "Grover has big dreams, Percy. Perhaps bigger than are reasonable. To reach his goal, he must first demonstrate great courage by succeeding as a keeper, finding a new camper, and bringing him safely to Half-Blood Hill."

"But he did that!"

"I might agree with you," Chiron said. "But it is not my place to judge. Dionysus and the Council of Cloven Elders must decide. I'm afraid they might not see this assignment as a success. After all, Grover lost you in New York. Then there's the unfortunate ... ah ... fate of your mother. And the fact that Grover was unconscious when you dragged him over the property line. The council might question whether this shows any courage on Grover's part."

I wanted to protest. None of what happened was Grover's fault. If I hadn't given Grover the slip at the bus station, he might not have gotten in trouble. I was naive and stupid and would never purposefully jeopardize everything my best friend worked hard for.

"He'll get a second chance, won't he?" I continued playing along and took comfort in the fact Grover would eventually succeed in his goal.

Chiron winced. "I'm afraid that was Grover's second chance, Percy. The council was not anxious to give him another, either, after what happened the first time, five years ago. Olympus knows, I advised him to wait longer before trying again. He's still so small for his age... ."