ONE

over again
one, chicago

Rebekah Mikaelson was dying with her only living sibling at her side

Rebekah Mikaelson was dying with her only living sibling at her side. One of Kol's hands was in her's, the other resting on her cheek.

"I'm sorry," Rebekah whispered. She knew she was dying, she didn't want to leave her brother alone. After she died, it would only be him and their niece.

"What for?" Kol asked quietly.

"Everything." Rebekah leaned into his hand as she spoke. "For letting Nik keep your daggered, telling Nik about your plan in New Orleans, not believing you, you've been my bestfriend for over a thousand years and I let you die twice."

"You were forgiven many years ago, Bex," Kol smiled sadly. "I was never truly mad at you, you know that."

Rebekah closed her eyes. She needed her family, Hope needed her parents, she needed her brothers, but they were gone. The sister she had longed to have for over a thousand years was dead. She already said goodbye to Hope, it was just Kol left.

"Kol?" Rebekah asked quietly, placing her free hand on top of their connected ones. He hummed as an answer. "You know I love you, right?"

"I do," Kol told her, tears welling up in his eyes. He knew she was saying her final goodbye. "I love you too, little sister."

As her breathing slowed, Rebekah prayed. From Greek to Norse, any god from any mythology she could think of, she prayed to. She wanted to save her family, she didn't care how. She wanted to fix her mistakes.

Rebekah gave Kol one last smile before closing her eyes. It was time for her to go. Squeezing his hand, Rebekah Mikaelson took her last breath, not knowing that her prayers were heard.

・゚: *・゚:*

Rebekah was hungry. She definitely shouldn't have been, she remembered dying. She had said goodbye. She could easily hear was cars racing down a street and a flowing sound with a heartbeat. It made her hungry.

Rebekah opened her eyes. It wasn't the pale blue ceiling she had become accustomed to for the past few months, it was metal with hanging lights. She sat up, momentarily shocked at how easy the action was, and eyed her surroundings. There were coffins laid on platforms, each belonging to a Mikaelson. She hadn't seen those coffins in decades.

Her head snapped over to the man that was walking towards her. She got out of her coffin, eyes narrowing as the man stopped in front of her. "Your brother wants you to meet him at Gloria's bar." The guard said, tilting his neck to the side. Rebekah wasted no time before tearing into his throat, feeding from him until he died. She dropped him as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. Glancing down, Rebekah's eyes widened as she saw the outfit she was in. It was the dress she was wearing she was daggered in the 1920s and when she was undaggered in 2010.