1-Why do you think she's weird?

"Good morning everyone."

"Morning, Mr. Myers."
The class said in unison, some students not even bothering to look up from their phones, others still putting their material on their desks.  I was doing the latter.

"You can open your books on page 257. Today we will continue to discuss last class's topic about globalization."

Super. Can't we discuss something else, like how you're still stuck in the 80's with that mustache, thinking that you're Freddie Mercury or something? I chuckled at my own stupid thought.

"So, Mr. Lopez, read the first paragraph out loud for everyone, please."

"Okay. 'Globalization is the word used to describe the growing interdependence of the world's economies, cultures, and populations, brought about by..."

I tuned out the rest of it. Why is geography so boring? Sure, there were a few cool topics, like the tectonic plates being the origin of earthquakes and the explosions of volcanoes, but globalization? Really? We got it already. The world's technology has evolved, as a result, the distances got theoretically shorter (because communicating got easier), blah blah blah, we have Face Time now. The end. Man, I should become a teacher one day.

"Thank you, Mr. Lopez. Could anyone explain in other words what he just read?"

Someone raised his hand, "Basically, the world's technology has evolved?"

"And as a result, the distances got theoretically shorter, because communicating got easier?" Someone else tried.

Forgot about the Face Time, dude.

"Well, that is not wrong, but I would like a more expanded answer. Anyone else?"

I groaned, resting my head on my desk. I sat on one of the rows in the back, so Mr. Myers didn't hear or see it. Not that I would bother too much if he did. I lifted my head slightly to take a glance at the clock hung on the wall behind him. Only seven minutes have passed. Well, only 53 more to go. Yay!

I sighed, closing my eyes and going back to my previous position.
Then I heard the door open and lifted my head again to see if it was who I thought it was. Yep, hit the jackpot.

"Hi, good morning. Sorry I'm late."

Mr. Myers sighed before replying to her, "Ms. Carson, it's the sixth time you're late to my class and it's just been a month since school started."

"I know, I'm sorry. I didn't hear my alarm go off."

"Again? Maybe you should get it fixed or, I don't know, get a rooster."  A few people laughed at that. I'll admit it was a little funny. Good one, Myers. Come get your cookie. I didn't laugh, though.

"Well, I'm sorry. I'll try to be on time next class."

Mr. Myers sighed again, "Okay Ella, I'll let it slide this time. You can go sit down."

"Okay, thank you."

This girl has started to intrigue me now. And I don't usually get intrigued by people. Like Mr. Myers said, she was usually late for class and oftentimes looked really tired. I don't think I've ever seen her at school the past years. But now, in senior year, I see her in almost all of my classes.
Her eyes began searching hastily for an empty seat amongst all the already occupied ones.
Soon, she found one in the middle and started walking towards it. Her hair was dripping wet, as if she had just taken a shower. She was breathing heavily, indicating she had run to try to get to class in time. I wish I knew her name, to stop referring to her as "she" all the time, I'm being too repetitive. Well, she looked very energetic right now, seems like that shower did the job. Or her little jog on the way to class got her wide awake.
Oh hey, hold up. Mr. Myers said her name, didn't he? Stella? Emma? Veronica? Damn, it's on the tip of my tongue, I know it! Think, Collin. Come on, use this brain of yours.
Oh, I got it!
Melissa! That's it! Right? Hmm, but she doesn't look like a Melissa to me. And it was a shorter name.
I sighed. Well, I guess I'll just call her Jane Doe. In my head.