Tricks for Learning Languages

At most schools, by the time you've reached 10th grade, you're most likely involved in at least one extra language, if not more. This can get a little much eventually, trying to keep up with your as your language class as well as the rest of your classes. So what are some tricks to learning languages? Well, I'm glad you asked.

- Practice outside of school. This may be an obvious one but I have to say it. Practice outside of school and practice every. Single. Day. It's hard but it will get you places with the language.

- Find a partner who's fluent. Finding someone who speaks the language you're trying to learn to practice with you is a great way to learn a language. Try having conversations with the person in the language and see how far you can get!

- Take good notes. Notes are the key to studying. Not only do they give you something to look back at, they help you memorize details as you write them down.

- Find patterns. Lots of languages actually have patterns that will help you memorize them. For example, in French conjugations most verbs use the same pattern to determine how they change.

- Don't study too much at a time. This is a typical tip but it's very important. Studying your whole bilingual dictionary leads to nothing but a crowded brain and even less info than you started with. Speaking of which...

- Find a bilingual dictionary. This doesn't have to cost much - there are online ones that are free as well. However this is an amazing tool to use to learn a new language and slowly, you'll start to pick up words you never learned in class but keep using from the dictionary.

- Listen to others. This is a great way to learn - whether by listening to the radio, conversations, or songs, you'll always pick up something new. A great site to learn from songs, actually, is lyricstraining, which works both on the web and as an app.

I hope these tricks will help ya'll when you start learning a new language or if you already are! Of course, some of these apply to other subjects as well, which is just fine as they work for studying overall as well. Good luck!