e

Is that Jerk Face?

Lindsey thinks to herself as she watches a guy who is wearing a white v-neck shirt walk inside the room. She continue to watch the guy walk further in to the room as if she is intrigue by him, and in a way she kind of is.

Today is Tuesday, and right now Lindsey is in the last leg of her day which is Art. It was an elective and she figured why not so she took it. The class met every day of the week except on Mondays.

The guy in a white v-neck felt Lindsey looking at him so he turns his head to look at her. Lindsey quickly averted her eyes to something else in order not to seem suspicious, but she knows that she has already been caught.

The guy doesn't seem to recognize Lindsey and continue instead to look for a seat he preferred.

That is definitely Jerk Face; I can recognize the glare.

Lindsey confirms in her mind, turning the page of the book that she was reading.

She lifted her eyes from her book for a second and saw the guy walking in her direction. Quickly, she focus her eyes back on her book. She then heard the seat in front of her move as the guy settle himself.

"Take a picture: it'll last longer," the guy in front of Lindsey said, not bothering to turn around to look at Lindsey.

Lindsey's face then turns pink, she fixes her glasses on her nose, and tries to read the same sentence in her book for the third time. But no matter how much she tries to focus on it, the sentence doesn't seem to make sense to her.

Definitely Jerk Face.

*****

"Is everybody here? Great, everybody is here," says a man who looks like he is in his mid-thirties, jolting Lindsey from her novel. He didn't wait for a reply from his students and instead places his clipboard on his table and picked a piece of chalk from the box that was place on top of it. He came in ten minutes late. "I am Mr. Winslow," he says after he has written it on the board.

Lindsey then takes out her binder and write down her teacher's name on a blank page.

"Or you can also call me Professor Winslow, since I used to teach at the university near by. I quit since I didn't really felt like teaching college kids yet, I preferred teaching kids your age instead," he jokes, gesturing his hands to the class. The class then let out a required quiet laugh. He then takes a seat on the edge of his table. "So today, i'll only be telling you the materials that you'll be needing to buy. I prefer that you get them by next week, if you can't you can talk to me about it. I have a starving artist fund." He then gave the class an understanding smile and Lindsey though that she likes Mr. Winslow. Not as in like-like but as in she likes him because he's nice and he understands.

"Okay, materials..." Mr. Winslow then dictates the list of materials for his students.

Lindsey then hurriedly writes it down, sparing a glance at Jerk Face who seems to be not doing the same. Lindsey rolls her eyes at his back and continues to write down the list.

"Did I forget anything..." Mr. Winslow says more to himself than to his class. He then stood up from his seat and walks over to one of his students. "Ah, yes," he says, peering over the notes of a girl whose red hair is tied in pony tail. "Add white charcoal pencil." Mr. Winslow then straighten himself up and went back to seat over his table.

Lindsey writes it down in her tiny script while thinking, White charcoal? Where are we going to use that?

"Okay, I guess that's about it for today so I'll dismiss you."