3: love confession

"Drake! Come back, please!"

Sage called out as he ran after Drake down the corridor.

The two had gotten into a heated argument, Sage barely remembered what it was about. Drake just suddenly snapped at Sage and ran off. Many were surprised - the two rarely fought. Sure they were of two very different houses but they were the closest friends in possibly the entire school. How could they have possibly started fighting? Sage couldn't give an answer.

Sage finally managed to catch up with Drake and took hold of his shoulder. "Drake, I'm sorry-"

"Sorry doesn't fucking cut it." Drake suddenly snapped, practically throwing Sage's hand off his shoulder.

"I know-"

"I say sorry to my parents every fucking day. 'I'm so sorry I ended up being slytherin. I'm not gonna end up as evil like everyone else there.' But it doesn't fucking cut it." Sage could hear Drake crying, despite his long black hair dangling down in front of his pale, tear stained face. He wasn't aware this was what Drake was going through. "But here I am, doing the exact same shit that makes slytherin look evil!"

"But you aren't evil!" Sage tried to protest, taking hold of Drake's arm and caused him to stop walking at his fast pace. "You make mistakes, yes. But it doesn't make you evil. I make mistakes and it doesn't make me evil, does it?"

"That's because you're in hufflepuff. You're in the soft, fluffy house. I wouldn't even be fucking surprised if they make fucking friendship bracelets for you when you join." Drake spoke coldly. "I'm in slytherin, remember? The house that took in old what's-his-face. The house that takes in all the shitty, no good, out of luck, evil villains of society."

"I give you that I'm a soft person, but fuck the rest. I'm not even fluffy." Sage tried to joke. "I can't even make a bracelet, let alone a friend." He paused and then a thought came to him. "Gryffindor housed a man who was responsible for killing the parents of Harry Potter himself. Does that make them evil?"

Sage could feel his friend and crush shake with emotion. "Am I evil then?"

"Not even close. You're like ice cream. It's cold and sometimes can cause headaches but it tastes really sweet and nice and it comforts people when they're sad."

Drake scoffed and started walking away down the corridor, his body shaking and the only sounds leaving his lips were hiccups and raspy breathing.

"Drake, wait!" Sage went after him and continued going after Drake. He wasn't even walking anywhere in particular, he just wanted to get away. "Drake... come on, please."

"Why the hell are you even here?! I'm the worst person, you shouldn't be hanging around me." Drake retorted, his voice breaking down as he continued walking.

"Because... I look at you, and I...and I'm home! Please...I don't want that to go away. I don't want to forget."

Drake abruptly stopped walking. He turned to Sage and hugged him, to the point where the air couldn't leave Sage's lungs. Sage rubbed his back while Drake gripped the Hufflepuff's robes, while sobbing. Sage's heart almost broke, he hadn't heard Drake cry so hard.

"Sage?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you just use a fucking Disney quote to confess to me?"

Now it was Sage's turn to be lost for words, his mouth wide open and an almost embarrassed expression fell upon him. "Maybe." He murmured before immediately hiding his face in Drake's shoulder. He smiled a little when he heard Drake start laughing.

"I fucking love you so much, Sage."

Sage moved to face Drake, a huge smile on his face. His face was wet with tears and his hair was stuck to his cheeks. "Your hairs a mess." He said, trying to sort it out.

"Fine, I'll make sure to tie my hair up before I have a crisis." Drake joked weakly, moving one of his smooth hands onto Sage's cheek.

Before Sage knew it, the other male started kissing him. Sage almost froze and started to mentally panic. Drake seemed to sense this because he pulled away suddenly.

"Are you ok?"

Sage could barely speak. "You... you're my... my first..."

"Good."

"No, no, no. You don't understand... I..." Sage shook his head, his cheeks turning pink.

"Oh... oh I get it." Drake cupped Sage's face and nuzzled him a little. Sage giggled a little. Drake reminded him of a kitten. "Ok. Just follow my lead. Alright?"

Sage nodded, smiling slightly. "Ok..."

Before he knew it, Drake kissed him again and Sage started to follow what Drake was doing. It was passionate but with enough gentleness to make Sage feel a little more comfortable. Soon, lack of oxygen got to them and they had to pull away.

"Damn."

"What is it?" Sage asked, holding onto Drake's robe.

"I don't know why you were worried. You were amazing."

Sage shyly smiled. "I thought I would suck."

"Just as well we have all the time in the world to practice." Drake smiled back, though he looked more cheeky.

Sage practically shoved Drake off him and started to walk off. "You fucking sap."

"Says the guy who used fucking Finding Dory to woo my heart."

"Finding Nemo."

"You get it." Drake wrapped an arm around Sage and kissed his cheek. "Do you wanna stay the night with me?"

Sage shrugged a little and turned to the long haired male. "Will your friends mind?"

"Nah. Come on, let's get to bed."

Sage grinned and followed Drake, holding his hand tightly.