Prompt

Word of you saving Bjorn travelled quickly. It was clear Bjorn had proudly boasted about the incident. It was also clear that he had left out the part that it was pure luck that you'd managed to save him.

While he had been dubious when Lagertha travelled to see him off on his raid, you in tow he had taken you with him. The promise that you would be a great warrior with some experience rang in his ears when he had to save you more than once on the battlefield. To save you from death and himself from a hiding from Lagertha if he didn't return with you, he assigned you to guard his tent. Which was how you ended up saving him.

It had been in the middle of the night. You slept on a bed near the door. A hunting dog beside you. The dog was the first one to notice someone lurking around. Someone was moving further in the tent but you assumed it was Bjorn. He and his brothers would get up at all hours to test out battle plans and get the lay of the land. But this time something felt wrong. Moving slightly you could see two men sneaking towards Bjorn's bed. They must not have noticed you and for a moment you were grateful for it. Without really thinking you picked up Bjorn's shield and leapt up, tripping on his hunting dog, smacking the shield against the nearest man and taking you both down.

It alerted Bjorn who struck out and quickly more shouts throughout the camp could be heard. You had raised the alarm and saved the army. Everyone congratulated you and now, back in Kattegat their families were doing so as well.

"You made quite the reputation for yourself." Bjorn muttered to you as he bounded off the boat and jogged up to you. He gave you a lopsided smile, spotting Lagertha rushing over.

"Reputation? I have a reputation?" you asked quietly. When Lagertha reached you both she embraced you first before petting Bjorn who pretended to be irritated by her fretting.

"I knew you would make a good warrior. You saved my Bjorn." She said and hugged you again, giving you an appraising look. Over her should you had tried to glance at Bjorn for help but he just raised his eyebrows in amusement, gesturing to the slowly gathering crowd of family members that wanted to thank you.