Badlands

"You will now enter the badlands"

Her debut studio album, Badlands, was released on August 28, 2015. It peaked at number two on the Billboard 200, and sold 97,000 copies in its first week. As of August 2016, it has sold over 390,000 copies in the United States. Four singles have been released from the album: "Ghost", "New Americana", "Colors" and "Castle". Halsey recently finished the Badlands Tour support of the album. It ended in August 2016 with a sold-out show at the Madison Square Garden arena in New York City. On July 29, 2016, Halsey released a song with the American EDM duo The Chainsmokers titled "Closer". It was first performed at the 2016 Bonaroo festival. The song peaked at number six on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Halsey's first top ten hit on the chart. A collaboration with American DJ Diplo has also been hinted at. Badlands is a concept album based on a dystopian society known as the Badlands. A desert wasteland surrounds the city, keeping the inhabitants of The Badlands captive. The album was inspired by post-apocalyptic films such as The Fifth Element. After writing the first few songs, Halsey realized the entire concept was a metaphor for her mental state. Halsey states she created the Badlands to escape from her real-life struggles. In her opinion, the metaphor was even with no escape, there is still hope there is somewhere else to go.

Tags:
Bellahermine
ElenaAqua
amaliaflower214