PROLOGUE

Prologue

*Knock on the door*

"Your Highness, all of your constituents have arrived. They are all waiting for you at the hall" Said the man while bending his knee and bowing his head towards the young man who are staring at the floor-to-ceiling window.

"Are they still expecting me to be married with one of their daughters?" the young king turned to face the man who is now on his feet but still refrain himself from having an eye to eye contact with him. The young king knows that it is forbidden for the non-royal to have a direct eye contact with him. It is one of the million rules in their world, some of which he intends to end someday.

"Unfortunately yes Your Highness, it is indeed one of the reasons why the elites are so eager to attend the celebration of your birth every year." The young king sighed after he heard the answer. Now, he has another reason why he doesn't like celebrating his date of birth in his kingdom.

In his 24 years of existence, half of it was spent for bloody wars and pacifying his empire. At the age of 12 he already felt the burden of the crown by handling the large empire after his father's death during the well-known "Historical Battle" which happened thirteen years ago. At the young age, he was forced to lead his people to countless wars which most of them were victorious. No one even dared questioned his capabilities of ruling at those times because his people knew all along that the young king is clever, ruthless but just, and the strongest for he possessed the "Ka" –the power and strength that runs in the royal blood.

The clearing of throat brought him back from reverie. He sighed again, "Lucas, is it a mistake of me to say that I'd rather be pressured by handling battles than to be expected having a queen by the end of this month?"

The man who is 20-years older than him named Lucas chuckled, "With all due respect my King, you and I know the truth that you have never been troubled by battles and bloody wars. And this idea of you having a companion in ruling this empire has been around the corner since you were sixteen, so I understand their contempt and persistence to have you finally tying the knot of marriage at the end of this month. You are also persistent in rejecting their young daughters for years, if I may add."

Yes it's true that he was stubbornly rejecting the ladies being offered to him during this time of the year. The ladies were not the problem, in fact, most of them were beautiful and well-educated. Some were even qualified to be his queen, but the mere idea of having "her" in his life just for the fulfillment of the throne makes him uneasy and upset. He wants to choose the right person, not because of the throne but because HE NEEDS HER in his life.

"Let's go. Perhaps I need to have another reasonable excuse to mitigate them from pushing this absurd idea they have for me." He said, taking his red cape then hang it on his shoulder while walking towards the door. Lucas then followed his king while shaking his head because he knows that he needs to take part of this "reasonable excuse" again.