CHAPTER TWO - Scars of the Covenant

Scars of the Covenant

Dito silently watch Avery who is peacefully sleeping on the bed. He is sitting on the couch in the corner besides the fireplace. It is already night time and Avery has been unconscious for six hours now since this morning. He was so worried when he saw her lying on the floor and trapped by those deorcs.

Deorcs are messenger of truth. They commonly travel in group and look like shadows. The truth they unfold is not always of the past, sometimes it is the truth of the future. The deorcs can transmit the message by absorbing the qi –energy of the person.

For nineteen years since he brought Averyin the world of mortals, there is no single event ever happened to her that is relevant to their world until now. Even though he doesn't want to admit to himself, this is already a sign that her qi is getting stronger. That even the deorcs from the Gultas or underworld was able to traced her here.

'Fuck this! I need a drink. .. Yeah, that's right. After a couple of drinks, this will all get better.' Dito cursed in his mind. The thoughts he's having right now are not helping him at all, there are a lot of what ifs and direful scenarios in his mind which could've happen to Averyif he arrived a little too late.

No matter how much he tried not to think those terrifying things, he just couldn't and it's making him more restless.

As he was about to get the bottle of liquor on the table, a loud thud sound from the door of the room being abruptly opened caught his attention and made him on defensive stance. He instantly went near to Averylike he wants to protect her from this uninvited visitor.

"Whoa!.. Hold your horse Estereuss. I am not an enemy", the man who just stepped inside the room exclaimed while raising his both hands in the air.

"Who are you?! And why are you here?!", Dito almost growled like a beast while looking at the man like a predator who is ready to kill his prey. Dito's eyes turned all black while there are visible black blood veins on his face, spreading like a roots from his neck to his cheeks. The man smirked and turned his head towards the doorway.

"Gelayn, no wonder you are so in love with this barbaric guy". The man said to the woman who just walked in. Dito creased his forehead when he heard the man and there he saw Gelayn Lin at the doorway.

"Gel? Why are you with him? Obviously he's a Deuss and being with his kind inside this four walls is a bad news. Not only for us both but to Avery as well", Dito is so confuse right now seeing Gel together with this deuss guy.

The man, Dito was talking about has a shoulder-length white hair and the color of the iris in his eyes are yellow-green. He is seven feet tall, one foot taller than Dito while his skin is black. These are the common physical attributes of a Deuss. Furthermore, Deuss is one of the kin which he considered as formidable adversary of his clan.

"He is an ally, Dito. You can calm down now. I brought him here with me to tell you something. I was supposed to tell you this five month ago but your pretty big ego ruined it all. When you decided by yourself and took action without hearing my opinion." Hearing Gelayn's tone of voice while saying this tells him that the woman is still upsets of what had occurred on that night five months ago.

"Are you out of your mind? Ally? And besides, you know that I did what I did in that night because I don't want any kind of kin finds her. But having this guy here with us turns out that all my effort has been pointless.", Dito gritted his teeth while glaring at the deuss besides Gelayn.