Chapter 3

Narrator POV

Y/N woke up outside beacon under a tree early in the morning around 6, he decided to go outside because it was more peaceful for him to sleep and he doesn't have to sleep with others.

Y/N POV
After I got up I remembered to get to beacon cliff for initiation, so thats where I went after asking some teachers on where it is exactley. I arrived there early and saw Ozpin and Glynda were already there and so I decided to greet them both

Me: "Hey Ozpin, Glynda" I say while waving my hand and them Glynda looks like she was about to say something but got cut off by Ozpin

Ozpin: "Why hello there Mr.L/N what brings you here this early in the morning ? Initiation doesn't start in an hour."

Me: "Well why not be early, its always better to be early then late and I'm also wondering if you could tell me what we all later have to do for our initiation ?"

Ozpin: "Well you will be launched from these pads here into the emerald forest and you have to retrieve a relic and come back here"

Me: "Hmm sounds simple enough, also do you have a more exciting way to launch me of the cliff ?"

Ozpin smirks and says "as a matter of fact" he says as he pushes a button and a canon that can fit a person comes out of nowhere " I do"

I now had a big smile on my face and said with an excited tone "I can really use this ?" he just nods and I jump up high with my fist raised high and shouted "YESSS !!!" Ozpin just chuckled a bit at my reaction

Glynda: "Proffesor Ozpin are sure this is a wise decision"

Me: "Don't worry Glynda I can handle it, I've handled much worse than this"

Glynda: "Thats proffesor to you young man"

Me: "Well I may look young Glynda but I am a lot older mentally instead of physically" she just glared at me and Ozpin looked like he was deep in thought "well I have nothing better to do so I'll just wait here", "Alright" Ozpin said

(Time Skip)
It was now time for initiation and everyone was on their own pads and I was next to my cannon and Ozpin did a little speech first

Ozpin: "For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

Glynda: "Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of 'teams.' Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today."

Ruby: "What? Ohhh..." I heard Ruby say

Ozpin: "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well."

Ruby groans at this statement

Ozpin:" That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."

Ruby: "Whaaaat?!" I hear Ruby shout this time

Orange haird girl: (to another person I dont know) "See? I told you-!"

Ozpin: "After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die."

Jaune laughs nervously and then gulps loudly

Ozpin: "You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?"