Chapter 16

We are in another one of Glynda's combat classes and in this class Pyrrha was fighting all of Cardin's team, and they got their asses handed to them. Glynda walked behind Cardin who is clutching his ribs and announces,

Glynda: "And thats the match !"

Cardin: "Lucky shot" was all he said before collapsing, that was a lot more than a 'lucky shot' buddy

Glynda: "Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament."

Pyrrha: "Thank you, professor."

Glynda: (Tapping her Scroll.) "Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for two more sparring matches." (Glynda looks around at the observing students.) "Any volunteers ? Ms. Belladonna ?" (Blake slams her book shut and stares wide-eyed at Glynda.) "You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you -"

The guy I met in the hallway raised his hand.

Guy: "I'll do it."

Glynda: "Mercury, is it ? Very well, let's find you an opponent." So thats his name

Mercury: "Actually, I wanna fight... her."

Mercury points to Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: "Me ?"

Glynda: "I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished the match. I recommend you choose another partner."

Pyrrha: "No, it's fine ! I'd be happy to oblige."

Their spar begins when he makes the first attack and is knocked down. Recovering quickly, he deflects an attack and begins trading blows with Pyrrha until she knocks him back with her shield.

Ruby turns toward Emerald sitting behind her.

Ruby: "Hey, your friend's doing pretty good"

Emerald gives an obviously fake smile and rolls her eyes as Ruby turns her back.

Mercury unleashes a series of powerful strikes. Pyrrha allows his kick to slam against her forearm before Mercury manages to disarm her, a kick impaling her blade into the ground. Pyrrha uses her Semblance to redirect the direction of Mercury's next kick. Well his legs are prosthetict. She charges him with her shield, he shoots off of it and turns his back to her. Pyrrha tries to rush him again.

Mercury: (non-chalant) "I forfeit."

Pyrrha almost stumbles as she stops beside him.

Pyrrha: "You... don't even want to try ?"

Mercury: (shrugging) "What's the point ? You're a world-renowned fighter. We're obviously leagues apart."

Glynda: "In that case... Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match... again."

Emerald smirks. Mercury sneers smugly. Pyrrha has a annoyed and disappointed look on her face, and places her left hand on her hip. The Aura displays for Pyrrha and Mercury are shown as Mercury's is changed from green to red indicating his loss.

Glynda: "Next time, you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent."

Mercury: "I'll be sure to do that."

Glynda: "Alright this is going to be the last match, any volunteers ?"

Me: "I'll do it !"

Glynda: "Alright Y/N who would you like to fight ?"

Me: "I think I'm gonna pick.. you"

Glynda: ".. what ?"

The other students gave me concerned looks while some others confused or shocked and my team,