CHAPTER 3

Halloween has rolled around and as stupid as it might sound, I'm actually super excited for it. I planned my costume a while in advance because even if I'm considered too old to trick or treat I'm still going to keep showing up to parties in a costume because it's fun.

I had been invited to Tina's Halloween party, a girl I vaguely remember from elementary school. I remember a majority of the kids in my high school but I had never been close with a lot of them. I'm still looking forward to it because even if the party blows, it's still a good way to hang out with the people I got along with and meet some other people too.

I go into my room, practically tripping over one of the boxes since I was so eager to find my costume. I had made sure to unpack the clothes I needed for the costume almost right when we moved in so I grab what I need and quickly put it on.

I look in the mirror with a smile and I'm actually pretty satisfied. I had decided to dress up as Prince from Purple Rain. I put on a white ruffle blouse, black shorts (instead of black pants because I knew I'd probably get overheated if I was at a party), and his infamous, long purple coat that went over it.

I go into the bathroom and do my makeup. The main part I had been excited for was my eyes because I was going to use sparkly purple eyeshadow and eyeliner since Prince's look in Purple Rain was iconic and out there. It only made sense that I try and do it justice. After that I add on mascara too.

Once I finish that I do my hair, curling it and making it voluminous. I want everything about the costume to be loud since that's how Prince is. It actually takes me quite a while to finish but I'm not complaining since in the end I think it actually looks really good.

I'm putting on my boots when I hear a honk outside. "Coming!" I yell even though I'm sure they can't hear me, finishing up tying my boots and then running down the stairs. I open the door and saw Steve and Nancy in the car waiting. They both wave at me and I wave back, jogging up to the car and getting in the backseat.

"Hey Y/n!" Nancy greets me and I smile.

"Hey- Oh Purple Rain! Nice." Steve compliments me and I laugh.

"Thank you! You a Prince fan?"

"Yeah, he's a cool guy." Steve says, looking back ahead and pulling away from my house, heading to wherever the party was. I scoot into the middle of the backseat, leaning forward and looking at their costumes.

"Hmm... Risky Business?" I guess and Nancy nods with a smile.

"Yeah, we both really like the movie." She says and Steve also nods, not taking his eyes off the road but smiling a bit.

"I shouldn't be surprised, you have a Tom Cruise poster in your room after all." I tease while patting her shoulder and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm just messing with you, I like the couples costume though! It's cute."

"Cute?" Steve speaks up, glancing at me for a moment with a grin. I chuckle.

"My bad. You look handsome, not cute." I jokingly correct myself.

"That's better." He says and I roll my eyes, sitting back in my seat again. I'm glad to be talking to Nancy and Steve. I know that it won't be long until I make more friends but being able to have a couple people I know with me is helpful. They're easy to joke around with and they're both pretty nice people.
Even if Steve sucked in elementary school.

We pull up to a house and the music is loud even from outside. There's lots of cars and people heading inside, some people dressed up while others had decided not to show up in costume.