Chapter 4 "Damn"

POV Azula

I eventually went into the living room and sat on the couch. How could I be so stupid. There is no way she's gay. Her whole life is flirting with guys. That's what I should be doing. Not kissing my best friend. But those guys suck. And Lee Lee is the best. She's the only person who has ever really cared. Father just wanted me to be better than ZuZu. I suppose I wanted to be better than ZuZu too. But still. He never loved me. He just loved himself. And mother... Ugh.

Mai left her room to make herself some tea and saw Azula on the couch making a blank expression that she never saw before.

"Azula... What the hell happened with you and Ty Lee? I swear if you hurt her I will kill you. Literally. So what the hell?" Mai asked with her arms crossed.
"I didn't hurt her. I did do something stupid. But hurting her is something I don't plan on doing. And I do not plan on hurting you Mai." Azula said truthfully.
"What did you do?" Mai asked with a sigh.
"I don't want to talk about it..." Azula said laying down and turning her back to Mai.
"It's that bad huh? Well that's boring.. As always." Mai said going into the kitchen for her coffee.

POV Ty Lee

I starred at my ceiling all night. I couldn't have possibly fallen asleep with these thoughts. I really liked kissing her. It was really nice. Her lips tasted of cinnamon. But she is my best friend. I really don't want to lose her as that. If we were to date, and break up... She'd hate me. And I'm terrified that I'd hate her.

                   *knock knock*

"Ty it's Mai. Can I open the door?" Mai asked.
"Sure." Ty Lee answered.
Mai opened the door to find Ty Lee making a similar blank stare at her ceiling.
"Ty... Are you okay?" Mai asked concerned for her friend.
Ty Lee responded with a nod.
"What happened yesterday?" Mai asked now sitting at the edge of Ty Lee's bed.
"I'm sorry Mai. But I really don't want to talk about it right now." Ty Lee said turning her head in guilt mostly.
Mai nodded and left her room.

POV Mai

What the hell? This isn't as boring as I thought. Neither of them are going to tell me? It must be bad. Azula and I were never as close. But even Ty Lee won't tell me what's up. Well Ty didn't seem hurt. So I guess Azula really didn't hurt her. Physically anyway.

The whole day went like that. Azula lying on the couch and Ty Lee starring at her ceiling. They both barely processed it by night fall. Mai was going to cook some soup. Before she did so she wanted to ask Azula once more about what happened the day prior.

"Azula... I know you said you didn't want to talk about it. But I don't think you or Ty has slept since yesterday. Please just tell me what happened. Maybe I could help." Mai said sitting on one of the couch cushions.
The room stayed silent for a moment before Azula sat up looking at Mai.
"I did something that I can't take back. And it was stupid and crazy." She said looking down.
"Okay?" Mai responded worrying about where this was going.
"When Lee Lee and I were leaving the last shop we were in to go home... I... Kissed her..." Azula said with her eyes tightening as she anticipated Mai's response.
"Damn. Dude... I'm not surprised." Mai said.
"What?! Why not?!" Azula asked defensively.
"It was obvious that you guys wanted to be more than friends or even best friends for that matter. I mean the way you guys look at each other was always different. If you knew it or not, it was pretty clear you guys wanted to be together." Mai answered looking at her fingers sighing. "Boring."
"Lee Lee is..." Azula started.
"Gay yes." Mai finished.
"Wow... I never knew.." Azula said covering her mouth.
"Yep." Mai said standing up, Azula laying back down on the couch.

POV Azula

Oh my god. So she is gay. Wait... Does that mean she could have liked kissing me as much as I liked kissing her? Wow...

Azula stood up and went down the hall to Ty Lee's room. She took a deep breath before knocking.

"Come in." Ty Lee said somewhat quietly.
Azula opened the door and the two made eye contact for about 30 seconds. They both looked away.
"Hey Lee Lee." Azula said. Ty Lee responded with a quiet hi.
"Listen.. About yesterday.. I don't know why I did what I did. But I am going to be honest. I loved every second. If it made you uncomfortable I'm so sorry." Azula said still standing by the door.
"Zula you didn't make me uncomfortable. I actually... Really liked it. But I don't want to hate each other if we got together and it didn't work." Ty Lee said standing up to go to Azula.
"I understand." Azula said trying to open the door and leave.
"Zula wait! I... Kinda want to.. Try again." Ty Lee said grabbing the taller girl's waist.
"Really?!" Azula asked surprised at her bold statement.
"Yeah." She said looking up. They hesitated for just a moment before Ty Lee pressed their lips together. They stayed this way for a while. The kiss becoming a bit more passionate.  Azula pulled back licking her bottom lip.
"Wow..." Ty Lee said with a smile.
"Yeah." Azula said with a grin.

"Do you want to go to bed? I haven't slept at all." Ty Lee said looking to her bed.
"You are okay with me sleeping in the bed again?" Azula asked.
"Of course." Ty Lee said.

They got under the covers and fell asleep. They naturally got into a kind of spooning position Ty Lee being the big spoon.

When Mai went to tell them that dinner was done, she found them asleep and smiled.
Well they seemed to have made up. She thought.