1.1.2 ;; hycreale

[8/4/20 - edited once again by @ mydudedune, thank you!! ; tw: cussing, out of character personalities, a different timeline, boring stuff, etc.

#1 in dreamnoblade? POG! really though, i thank and love you guys for voting and commenting on the intro and prologue! just recently went through a really bad breakup with a friend in which i plead that i didn't do anything and i'm innocent, and your voting and comments have really cheered me up. i can't thank you guys enough for what you've done to help.]

𝓘t's been five long years away from Hycreale. Technoblade had heard a few things had changed there, but five years couldn't have possibly made big changes at all. He stretches his arms and gets off his steed. The scabbard that held his diamond sword knocks against his legs, the white fur of his old red velvet cape keeping the man warm in the slight chill of the winter forest.

Technoblade takes his bags off the sides of his horse's saddle, and digs out a carrot and feeds it to Brick. He pets the horse's head as he wallows in self pity over what had happened over the past few years. It wasn't as horrible as Technoblade would've thought it would be, but it's not something he would be discussing or thinking about any time soon.

He sucks in a breath when he looks at his surroundings. There's a lot more trees than before, and it's quite unnatural for such a large amount to grow in five years. Not to mention they are fully grown. Strange.

The caped man sits down at the base of a tree, leaning against the large tree trunk. The ground is gritty, littered with sharp stones and gravelly dirt. The road was a fresh black concrete road though, instead of the original dirty path. 'What happened while I was gone?' Technoblade thinks to himself with a frown.

Something growls, and Technoblade glares at his stomach. He had a huge surplus of potatoes, so he shouldn't be getting hungry any time soon. But surely enough, when the man opens a crate of potatoes in the wagon the horse was pulling, all it is is just insects and rot. Technoblade groans; a wonderful way to starve. Even after winning the so-called Potato War that gave him more attention than he had wanted, he was hungry. All his money went to success, and yet once again he had felt nothing.

Squid Kid from Skybark was a good opponent though. A worthy adversary, unlike most of his opponents from his rampant win-streak. The win-streak...

The win-streak is a sore topic to Technoblade. Especially that end. He's unsatisfied, and now that he was unrecognized on the street the man felt as if he needed to do even more to gain the approval of everyone.

But as Dream had said before... murder was unjustifiable. His respect for his newfound rival had lead Technoblade to not use things he was sure were classified as war crimes against Squid Kid. He doubted he would've needed to use those kind of tactics anyway, because as usual, Technoblade had won.

But it's not like all of Technoblade's opponents would be dead forever. Technoblade never knew why, but no matter what everyone continues to live. The dead practically always wake up in their bed after a random duration of time. It's not something one would want to experience because typically the duration of time can extend from a week or two to a year and a half. It's as if it's controlled by a superior being, though a voice in Technoblade's head says that even with such a rule, murder is unjustifiable even if it's the death of a criminal, and he agrees. "Murder is cringe." Technoblade mutters under his breath, pulling out a warm baked potato that had been hiding in a bag. "Murder is cringe, murder is cringe, murder is cringe."

Old habits die hard though. Technoblade can practically hear the song of his blade in his ears, the swift whistling against the wind and the musical slashes that come out from his adversaries. His hand automatically goes to the grip of his diamond sword, takes it out, and cuts through one of the thick trees cleanly while his other hand cleans off the baked potato.