1.1.8 ;; training (2)

{ 8/29/20 - unedited ; tw - cussing, minor violence, out of character personalities, messed up timeline, long, etc.

well kids, we've officially reached the end of the first arc. it's safe to say that i'm going to finish this book maybe sometime next year, haha ^^;

jokes aside, updates will be slower than before, especially since now i'm working to my (usual) goal of 8,000-10,000 words per chapter, yikes. so maybe a one-two week pause in between? plus i'm in high school, gonna get a lot of projects and homework. 

next arc may or may not take a while to come lmao, and oh if you can't tell, this is an angsty slowburn lol }

"𝓢top falling off god dammit!" Tommy yells at Wilbur for what seems like the fifth time that day.

"I can't fucking help it! This is hard you know!" Wilbur shouts at Tommy. 

As Wilbur bridges to one of the mini islands in the Skyblockle map, Technoblade looks around. It's such an unfamiliar space to him, so different from what he had experienced in Skybark or what had previously been Hycreale. 

To his back is a giant floating stone island, jagged ores and minerals sticking dangerously out. Phil was currently working his way into the center, where according to the guide there would be a chest partially filled with things the group may or may not need to be the last one standing. 

"I'm going to go bridge to the right island if you guys don't mind." Technoblade says, and Philza offers Techno a nod of confirmation. He grabs a few stacks of slabs and starts bridging slowly and carefully.

Techno's halfway there when he's hit by something. He barely registers the cold because the caped man quickly jumps back and crouches, not allowing himself to be hit off the map by a bot throwing snowballs. "Fuck," he mutters, furrowing his eyebrows. As Techno brushes his pink hair off his face, he looks at the distance he was away from the island.

A few blocks. He's sure he can jump it. Technoblade takes a leap of faith, heart pounding in his chest in fear the bot would pull out another snowball,

but the snowballs all missed. Techno smirks, remembering how shit bot aiming was, and glad the creators didn't give the robots hack clients. The pink haired man lands safely on the small platform, remembering to give himself a larger platform so none of the valuable materials would fall into oblivion. 

"Hey Techno! You need a hand?" Tommy yells, turning slightly to face Technoblade. Techno turns to the kid and shakes his head no. For such a simple one-man task as mining a few blocks of ore, there would be no use for outside help. 

It turns out Techno making the platforms wider was a genius move, because Wilbur couldn't catch the iron block and it fell into limbo. 

"You saw nothing!" Wilbur yells at Technoblade, who had witnessed the whole thing. Techno snorts at Wilbur's foolishness. It's alright though, letting something like that fall wasn't a fatal mistake. 

"Alright, coming back..." Technoblade says, walking carefully on the cobblestone slab bridge as a few pesky bots continue to throw a barrage of snowballs. Because of their shit aim only one of them manage to hit him, but it barely even knocked him back a block. Nice. "Anyone need iron?"

"Yes, just throw it over here—" Tommy yells but is knocked over by the sheer weight of the iron block Technoblade somehow threw at the kid. "Hey! Don't fuckin' do that again, that hurt!"

He snorts at Tommy's foolishness, 'throw it here—' what a fool. 

"I'm gonna start bridging to the next island 'kay?" Wilbur yells, and Phil offers Wilbur a thumbs up of confirmation. Techno watches Wilbur closely as the brunette bridges, before remembering to put down one of the buckets of water so when Wilbur falls he wouldn't 'die'.