The Talk

After a long day of partying, the trollagons, Amazon, Dusk,and Prowler decides to stay in the shed. No one could go to sleep, so they just stayed up and played games. But Dusk was left out most of the time, so it wasn't hard to notice Branch standing outside. He guessed Poppy was having too much fun to notice, or any of the others, and went outside to talk to him.

Dusk: Hey

Branch flinched back.

Branch:...hey.

Dusk: What are you doing out here?

Branch: Standing guard.

Dusk: You only know that'll make it seem more like a prize if you make it look like one.

Branch: Huh?

Dusk: Just loosen up! Come join us inside!

Branch:...I can't.

Dusk: You can't what?

Branch: I can't go inside. I need to stay out here, and make sure we're all safe.

Dusk:....*sigh*.....I used to feel that way. Like you're in a whole new world, with more dangers that you aren't used to. You feel like everything is out to get you.

Branch:....yeah...but-

Dusk: When me and Cloud were younger, our entire tribe was wiped out. Something abou a debt to be paid. A bunch of munjo jumbo in the past. But every since we had been on the run. We eventually found a safe place to stay. We stayed there for a few years, but...

Branch made a gesture for him to keep going.

Dusk:...but we were found. And we had to move to a different place. I was captured, not knowing what happened to Cloud. I escaped after a while, and I got here.

Branch: Wait, aren't you from here?

Dusk: Not very many are supposed to know this, but I come from a different continent. I just tell everyone I'm some misshapen hybrid of some sort.

They both chuckled.

Dusk: The point is, you can't hide like it's always a matter of life and death. Enjoy yourself, while you still can. It's one of the many things Amazon taught me.

Branch: Yeah, you two seem pretty close.

Dusk: I could say the same for you about a certain someone 😉

Branch: Oh stop! We're not even dating!

Dusk: WHY NOT?! Come on, let's go inside.

Branch: Oh, um......

Dusk gave him a meaningful look.

Branch:.....ok.

They both walked inside. The first one to greet Branch was Poppy, saying how he finally let his guard down.

Dusk: Whoa, don't tempt him. And you knew he was out there?

Poppy: Yeah, it's his whole thing.

Dusk: Ah, ok.

They all had a blast that night, unaware that when they got home, things would never be the same.