Chapter 29

It's been a few weeks since Ariel was taken by David and she seems to be dealing OK with it all, which is scaring me more as I can not get a read on her emotions.

Ariel is usually like an open book where she has more issues in keeping her thoughts bottled up than holding them back but as I keep an extra eye on her to make sure that if she does fall, I am right there to catch her.

I'm just still shocked on what David had to do with all of this. Ariel was not even able to provide any answers and from what she has said it was like he had become crazed, rambling about how he needed to keep her safe. Xavier has been working with Stella on searching for a link between David and the Bandits but so far they don't have much, just a few calls to Eric.

When I think of Eric's name, I go back to my time with him and what he said about my father. Uncle Roo has given me all he has about what dad was doing but it was not much and Stella has also not been able to find a connection to the Bandits either. I told her to not stress about it at the moment as I think we have more important things to deal with at the moment.

We are back at the outreach centre today as their insurance payout has come through and the clean up is underway. Everyone is still not sure on why the centre was trashed, Grae put it down to the connection to the MC but Knuckles thinks there is more too it.

I was watching Ariel as she talks with Grae on the legal heights for some basketball rings when I hear the doors open behind them and Ryker come in.

No matter how many times I see this man, he still takes my breath away when he enters a room. His hair is slicked to the side, his eyes glancing around the place

"Mia, you left your phone at the clubhouse." he says as he passes it to me.

I look at the screen and see that I have missed 2 calls from Eddy. I quickly dial my voicemail and listen to his words.

"Mia honey, I know that you wanted to take some time away but Vogue have rung and they really want you again in Milan in a few months for fashion week. They are offering some pretty big moolah, so have a talk with beefcakes and ring me back."

Ryker lets out a chuckle and I can feel my cheeks going red. Bloody Eddy to use my nickname for Ryker out loud, though it is my fault for having the phone on speaker.

I stare at my phone, wondering what to do next. I did say I was going to give it up but I have been missing working with Eddy and Ellen plus all the fun that we usually would have, but I made myself a promise that as much as it was fun, I was ready to go back to my plan for my life and continue with the dream that I started with.

My screen locks on my phone and I see the photo I took a month back of Ryker and Jae that is the wallpaper on my phone. It's where Ryker is laying on the grass and Jae is on his chest. They sleeping and it was such a beautiful moment that when I look at this picture, I get butterflies in my stomach.

"Well seems pretty big. That guy sounded way to excited to be talking about a fashion show." Ryker says. I look up and I can tell that he is watching my reaction, waiting to see what I am thinking.

I bite my bottom lip and try to think about my words before I say anything.

"Yeah, Eddy tends to go way over the top with these events." I am milling over what to do when my phone rings. I quickly look at the screen and see that it is Xavier.

"Hay Xavier, what's up?" I answer.

"I think its time we hold a party at the clubhouse." He says. "I reckon that we have a big shindig, food, drinks, the lot."

I giggle as I know how this is going to go. Xavier has the idea and then he will need us to do all the work and get it done.

I play it cool, waiting for it. "And when did you want to do this?"

"How about Friday night?" Xavier replies.

"XAVIER, that is in 2 days time." I shout.

"Yeah, but I rang Carrie and she reckons its no sweat." he replies.

Crafty fucker, he knows that if he drops Carries name, of course I'll jump in and help. Lets just hope that he is telling the truth or I will skin him later.

"Agh, alright. I'll ring Carrie to see what she has planned." I say and I hear Ryker chuckle. He does not even need to hear what Xaiver is saying to know what is going on.

I hang up my phone and look over at him. He has one eyebrow raised and is smirking. He is always so expressive in his facial movements that I tend to swoon.

"Xavier wants to hold a party Friday night and has already roped Carrie in, so we better get going so that I can go and help her out." I say as I move to grab my bag when Ryker scoops his arm around my waist.

"What are you thinking Mia, about your other call?" He places his hand under my chin and lifts my face up so that we are looking eye to eye.

I see it, only vaguely, a glimmer of worry at what I might say next.

"I told you, I really wanted to focus on my career here." I reply. "I want to stay here, with my family., with you."

Ryker places both his hands on the sides of my face and pulls me in for an earth shattering kiss. It the type of kiss where your knees start to wobble and you see stars exploding behind your eyelids.

He slows down his movements and as we pull apart I find that I am searching for my breath.

"Lets get going before Carrie flips her lid" I say as I pull away from him to try and gain my bearings before I need to drive over to the clubhouse.