15 & seventeen

Should I invite Riley and Kim?

Louis said thoughtfully as he looked trough the list of names lying in front of him.

He was going to throw his first party now that he was finally seventeen and his family visited friends in America next week, meaning he had the house to himself.

Of course Harry was helping his best friend to plan 'the best party of the year', as Louis liked to call it.

Yes...I guess...
I don't know.

Harry absently played with the plastic cups they had bought that morning.

Louis smiled at his best friend, who wasn't more but a curly mop sitting in front of him, with glimpses of pouty lips underneath his hair.

The white shirt Harry wore was simple and Louis knew that his best friend would probably rather wear a colourful shirt with a quirky print, but their classmates were wearing simple clothes too.

'You gotta do what you have to do to get the girls' Harry had joked when Louis asked him why he stopped wearing colours and Louis laughed a bit at that answer.

A small part of him hoped that when Harry would turn a little older he'd go back to the things he liked and not stick with that.

But what about Emily?
She sure has a huge crush on you.

I don't know.
Am I invited, then?

What's that for a question!?
Of course you are, Haz.
You're my best friend after all!

Just wanted to hear you saying that again.

Harry grinned cheekily earning a light slap from the older boy.

Oh, shut up you Idiot!

Louis laughed, taking the cups away from his best friend as he wouldn't stop squishing them.

What about Emily now?

I don't care.
She can come, if you want.

Harry shrugged and grabbed the cups again, beginning to build a tower.

So you don't like her?

Nah.
Not really.

She won't be happy to hear that.

Louis laughed somehow relieved, imagining the furious girl and the younger boy laughed too.

No I guess she won't.

Harry knocked his cup-tower over and smiled at Louis who already smiled back at him.

I didn't like her anyway.

Louis said softly as the two best friends smiled at each other warmly.

Louis was kind of glad that the girl wouldn't end up dating his younger best friend.
He didn't want the fifteen year old to date some girl two years older than the young boy. He was very - protective of the younger lad.

To him Harry was still the cute, little ten year old who couldn't fall asleep unless he cuddled with his teddy bear.

Couldn't stand her really, if I'm completely honest...

No, but seriuously.

Louis started, pinching the bridge of his nose dramatically and Harry had to snicker.

The way she laughs always right into everyone's ear and touches guys by every occasion!
She's like a dog, for fuck's sake!
Next thing, she's watching you in your sleep...

Louis ranted and Harry bursted out in laughter.

And she breaths extremely loud when were taking a test!
She sounds like a vacuum, I swear!

Harry's loud laughter still hadn't stopped and Louis couldn't help but laugh too.

-