18 & twenty

It was one of their typical movie nights.

Louis skimmed through the drawer where all of his and Niall's sweets were stored and he grabbed around six different bags of things and put them into bowls.

Harry stood by the stove and made hot chocolate for the both of them.
The older boy smiled and struted over to his best friend, simply admiring the way he stirred the milk.-Admiring the way he stood there with his calm expression and curled hair, tugged behind his ears.Because...that's what best friends do...

Harry poured the hot chocolate into the two mugs with cats on them and he also added small marshmallows that slowly melted as soon as they dived in.

I don't get it...why would she not marry him?

Louis asked, his cheeks stuffed with random sweets and Harry watched him with amusement.

She doesn't love him.
She still has feelings for the other guy.

Harry said simply but the older boy shook his head in disagreement, taking a moment to swallow the candy.

...But this guy truly loves her.
All the other guy did was kiss her- it was only a kiss.

Yeah...

Harry looked away from his best friend, thinking about his words.

Only a kiss.

Haz?

A chocolate candy hit Harry right against his lip and he looked to his side, over at Louis, who smiled amused.

I...uh- what?

You gotta catch!

Louis laughed, grabbing another candy.

Harry still didn't catch on and raised his eyebrow in confusion.

Louis sighed and leaned forward.
Before Harry could protest, the older boy grabbed his jaw and opened his mouth himself.

Catch with your mouth, Hazza.

He said simply and Harry only stared at him not realising what just happened, he was too infatuated with the sparkle in Louis' eyes and maybe he forgot how to breath as well.

Another candy hit Harry's face and Harry pushed back his thoughts.

It was rather late now and they were watching an old TV show, covered by warm and snuggly blankets while it was quite stormy outside in the dark.

Harry was already sure that he was going to stay over, it wasn't unusual for them.

And he secretly loved it when they could brush their teeth together and jump into bed and after wrestling with each other for about they'd cuddle.
Harry's heart would also start racing when Louis would wrap an arm around his waist, but no one had to know that.

Louis laugh about something happening in the tv show snapped Harry out of his day dreams.
He cuddled closer to his best friend's side, his face on Louis' chest while Louis absently stroked his back.

Harry looked up at his best friend.
The boy he had known for so long now, but still didn't faze to amaze him every single day.

Louis eyes were focused on the TV his hair wasn't exactly combed but he looked good with his hair messy. Since it was nearly winter his skin wasn't as tan as it was during summer, but he was still tanner than Harry and his lips looked a little red from biting them too often when there was an exciting scene.

Looking at Louis' lips, it took Harry back to the exact moment where Louis had kissed him.
How the world had seemed to stop turning just in that moment and how Harry's heart had been close to explode.

And when Niall had walked in, making them break the kiss, Harry had never felt so scared.
Scared to risk a friendship, scared to lose his best friend.
He had followed his instincts and left the flat as fast as possible, making up a stupid excuse, not daring to meet Louis' eyes.

They had never once mentioned the kiss since that day.
For the sake of their friendship Harry had sworn to himself to never mention that day ever to Louis.
As much as he had liked it
-loved it actually- but...
He knew Louis hadn't meant it in that way, he didn't like Harry like that.

Only a kiss.

But now a year has passed and he was still here with Louis.
Harry was just glad, so glad that he was still here beside his best friend, even if it was only his best friend.

In that moment Louis diverted his gaze from the screen and turned his head to look at Harry, giving him a simple smile that still managed to make Harry's inside melt.

Louis was just so pretty, it was truly unfair.

What are you thinking about?

How much I just want to kiss you right now.

Harry heard himself saying.

Then do it.

-

I hope you liked this chapter:)
Feel free to comment or vote, thank you for reading.
K<3