20 & twenty two

It was 3 am and Louis woke up from a loud Thunder echoing through the darkness of the bedroom.

Groaning, he sat up and glanced out of the window, where the trees bent from the storm and water splashed against the glass.
He was about to settle back down but as he stretched his arm out he noticed something was missing.

He frowned und turned to the left, looking at the empty side of the bed where his curly boy was supposed to sleep.

Haz?

He whispered lowly.
But there was no response coming from within the room.

Slowly, the blue eyed boy slid off the bed, grabbed his glasses from the nightstand and made his way over to the door, dodging the many moving boxes that scattered the floor.

He checked the bathroom first bacuse he knew that Harry was there often when he couldn't sleep, but no sign.

Louis walked along the hallway, targeting the light shining through the kitchen door that was ajar.

Hello? Pumpkin?

He called sweetly, his eyes falling onto the boy sitting on a chair, that was so far the only furniture in the kitchen of their new flat, besides the fridge and the freezer.

Harry had a bowl of chocolate icecream balanced on his knees that he had pulled up to his chest and his eyes were glossy as he looked over to the door.

Haz!...

Louis ushered over to his boyfriend, pulling him into his arms and the younger boy buried his face into the crook of his neck.

The thunder?

Harry nodded, fisting the older ones shirt as there was another rumble outside.

I don't like i-it.

He choked out.

It's so loud and...

Louis held his boyfriend tightly, pulling him onto his lap, slightly swaying them while whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

Ever since they were little, Harry had been extremly scared of thunderstorms and while it used to be Harry's mum held him, telling him everything was going to be fine, it didn't take long for Louis to be there for Harry instead. Because even when he was 10 it had broken his heart, seeing Harry so scared and full of tears.

I'm here, Hazza.

Louis spoke softly and Harry nodded, holding closer onto his boyfriend.

Louis' frame was just so wonderful familiar, it made him feel safe and calm. As well as the boy's scent of vanilla and his angelic voice.
Louis never failed to make Harry feel protected and cared for - feel at home.

After a while Harry had calmed down a bit, his breathing had settled and only his tear stained cheeks and red rimmed eyes indicated how much he had cried.

They both sat in the floor.

The younger boy was sitting between Louis' legs, his eyes closed as he enjoyed the sensation of the Louis' fingers in his hair.

And outside the thunderstorm was only rumbling in the distance, behind the high buildings of the city.

Louis started humming a sweet tune, a lullaby his mum had sung to him when he was young.

Within the next 10 minutes small snores escaped Harry and Louis' lips tugged upwards into a smile.
He picked him off the floor and carried the "slightly" taller boy back to bed.

He tugged him under the warm daisy patterned sheets. Harry had bought them on Friday, daisies were his favourite flowers.

And as soon as Louis had climbed into bed himself, he pulled Harry into his arms, smiling down at his wonderful boy.

Sweet dreams, Haz.

And a smile spread on the younger boy's face too.

-

Just a bitta fluff, hope you liked it :)
Feel free to comment or vote, thank you for reading.
K<3