1

Over the years we was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddy's, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame mama
I reminisce on the stress I caused, it was hell

Dear Mama by Tupac

Rain's POV

"I honestly can't wait for her to stop popping children out." I sighed in annoyance and burped the baby on my shoulder.

"You can't blame her yo, she's legit tryna give birth to all the months of the year." My bestfriend Leila said and blew some smoke outside our kitchen window.

It was legit a football field in our house. Twelve fucking children all left to fend for themselves, all our parents did was fuck all day. A bunch of horn dogs.

"August drop the freaking soccer down or go play it outside." I dropped the baby on the floor and moved past the toys to walk into my room.

My younger brother June was standing in front blocking my way.

I pushed past him and slammed my door. "Who do you expect is gonna take care of this mess." He screamed after me banging my room door.

"Leila's outside. Ask her or better still gather your shit together and man up." I said. He grumbled and hit my room door with his feet. That got me angry and I pushed the door open.

"Try it. I dare you, you better have a backup plan on how you're gonna put food on your table." I shut the door in his face and walked back into my room.

I was the only one who didn't have to share a room with the others seeing as I was the eldest. After my mom slept with my dad and he ran away, she went crazy. Bitch was a joke who couldn't keep either her man or her legs closed.

And now, we have twelve children from different father's and a deadbeat new boy toy who depended on us for money.

I took off my wig and tied a durag instead. Taking off my shirt, I walked into my bathroom and did my business quickly before putting on my baggy tog and leggings, I put on a bracelet, our bracelet and laced up my white Nike canvas. Someone had to be the man around here and all my siblings depended on me for survival. I had to make some dough and fast.

I quickly put on my shades and picked up my crossbag before picking up my iPhone eight and placing it inside my bag.

The streets where we lived was unsafe and the last thing anyone would want to do was draw attention to themselves.

I walked out my door and laila was still tryna get August to drop the ball down. I smacked his head and it fell from his hand.

"All of y'all in a straight line or you ain't getting supper this night." I screamed.

In a matter of minutes, all my siblings were arranged from eldest to youngest. Except the baby of course who was crawling in the baby proofed kitchen.

"Jane," I tapped on my younger sisters head and she eyed me up and down before turning her head away and popping her gum. I rolled my eyes in response. "You better drop that attitude or move out."

"Ferb, March, April, May, June, July, August, Sin," I pointed at all of them before walking to take little Nevana in my arms. He giggled as I placed him in Jane's arms.

She was the next in command seeing as she was already sixteen and knew how to keep things straight. I trusted her even though I didn't like her one bit, her dad left us homeless for a while and she had a nasty attitude plus she was a bad influence on the rest of the kids.