Chapter 6| The Prophecy Of The Green Ninja

Just wanted to make this clear: the monastery in this story is of my own imagining and is completely different from the one in the show.

For example, instead of being present on top of a dry mountain like in the show, the monastery is on a mountain which is covered with trees and vegetation.

The courtyard is the same but there is also a back garden, a horse stable and a chicken coop. (You might've known this from the previous chapters)

Now, let's continue.

And have some candy! 🍭

_______________________________________

It had been years since Garmadon found out about the Great Devourer. He was a lot silent after that. He wouldn't go out because of fear that he might get rejected. He ate very less or nothing at times. He would lock himself in his room for hours, crying his eyes out.

He had read stories of innocent men turning into hideous monsters and never leading a normal life. He had never liked those stories but never had he imagined that his story would be one of them.

He grew thin and always looked pale and weak. He didn't care when he would get angry at Wu though. He would hurt him and make him pay. His father always had to intervene. Garmadon was getting tired of the old man too.

But as his father had said, he became a lot more stable as he grew up.

He wasn't as vicious as he used to be. His monstrous behaviour towards Wu had lessened but the initial love he had for him never came back. He would still get irritated at his brother over minor things.

His father allowed him to explore and meet people once again, assuring him that now it was a little safe for him.
As he became exposed to the outside world again, he started feeling better. He started to eat again and got some colour back into his cheeks.

With time his taste for adventure changed. He had moved on from exploring abandoned places and discovering lakes and streams to journeying to find valuable artifacts or searching for clues if a certain legend was true or not. Wu would always accompany him on these trips but only on one condition: Garmadon would not be responsible for anything that happened to Wu because he didn't "care about him anymore" apparently.

The brunet had also discovered his love for candy. He wouldn't be seen without a lollipop sticking out of his mouth or chocolate smeared around his lips. He would always find comfort in those sugary treats. Whenever he would be upset, he would eat about a dozen despite feeling sick afterwards.

He and Wu were now young boys of fifteen. They had grown more skilled over the years and could take on anyone double their size or age.
They had found inner peace, unlocked their Elemental Dragons and had even (secretly) mastered Forbidden Spinjitzu.

Their father had started to spend a lot more time meditating, trying to find a way to save his son. Sure he had told him that keeping things under control would be the key to rid his body of the venom but that was a lie. Garmadon needed a lot more help than just control.

The First Spinjitzu Master couldn't just choose a random person to fight in his place in the Final Battle. He needed an heir. Wu was out of the question. For some reason, he didn't seem like right choice. The man grew more worried than ever. He had to choose someone. But who?

Then one day, it came to him.
_______________________________________

Garmadon was sitting on the porch of the monastery, cross-legged. He was playing a dulcet tune on a flute given to him by his father in order to relax his mind. His mind didn't need relaxing at the moment though. He just seemed to enjoy the activity.