Chapter 7| The Whispering Giants

No I did not abandon this story. Life was just swamping me with craziness as usual. To make up for it, I give you a double update!

This is part 1!

Have some candy! 🍭

☯~️☯️~☯️

Garmadon smiled excitedly as he made his way through the Woods of the Whispering Giants. The whole area was covered with tall coniferous trees which seemed to exceed above the sky itself. The wind was constantly blowing here. It never stopped. It sounded like the trees were whispering to one another thus earning the name: Whispering Giants.

People said that this was the birthplace of the first Master of Wind and if you listen closely you can hear the voices of the Whispering Giants talking about the day the Wind Master came into this world and the feats he performed.

Garmadon was fascinated by the story and wanted to check out the woods so he and Wu flew down here on their Elemental Dragons. The brunet was stopping every now and then, trying really hard to hear the voices of the Giants over the rushing of the wind.

Wu was lagging behind, complaining and making it even harder for his brother to listen. "We've been walking for an hour straight and I haven't heard a single thing except for their annoying whispers - or should I say the wind," he called out sarcastically, sitting at the foot of a tree.

Garmadon rolled his eyes and turned around to face his brother. "Well, no kidding," he said, irritated. "With all your complaining, how can I listen to their voices when I can't even hear my own thoughts?"

Wu threw his hands in the air. "You don't have to believe every single legend that comes your way, Garmadon. There's a thing called being realistic," he pointed out. "Besides, I've never seen a wind elemental in all my life. How do we know that he or she is even real?"

"Because Father said so," came the brunet's short reply. Wu got up and walked towards him, folding his arms. "No. Father said 'why don't you find out'. You know how he is; all mysterious and never giving a straight answer."

"Well, Father has got some nerve sending us on a wild goose chase after an elemental who doesn't even exist," Garmadon said drily. Wu looked relieved, hoping that his brother had finally come to his senses. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying."

Garmadon rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time. "I was being sarcastic," he said to which Wu groaned.

"Come on, Wu. You used to love these kinda things. What's wrong with you?" The brunet asked, placing his hands on his hips, looking at his brother expectantly. Wu turned away, not wanting to look at Garmadon. "Well I guess people change . . . like you have."

The older scoffed disbelievingly before saying, "You know perfectly well why I've changed. Don't play innocent with me."

"I'm not," the blonde replied shortly and began walking forwards, the wind blowing his silky locks in every direction. "Come on. Let's get this over with so we can go home." The brunet shook his head and sighed. He followed after the other, listening intently again.

Wu glanced back at Garmadon, watching as he observed the woods around him with interest.
I'm not playing innocent but I will play the hero, he thought. I will save you if it's the last thing I do.

☯️~☯️~☯️

"It's getting kinda chilly, don't you think?" Wu wondered, rubbing his arms and trying to warm them.

They had spent a good thirty minutes in the woods since their last quarrel. The sun was about to set and they still had to walk all the way back because - owing to the closely spaced trees - there was no flying straight out of there. Not to mention the journey back to the monastery in the dark- something their father didn't approve of.