prologue

The world is made up of stories. And this is one of mine.
My name is R. Sanders.
Some key things to know about me. I have a twin brother. I am royalty. I am extremely creative.
When we were small my brother and i were inseparable. We even used to put on little plays for our parents. But around about our tenth birthday we started heading in different directions. Our parents told us only one of us could rule our kingdom and we had until our 17th birthday to convince them who should be king.... to be crowned on our 18th birthday, obviously.
My brother and i of course had our mutual activites. Knight training, battle strategies, community services. And the we each had to choose electives to take in order to differentiate and distinguish ourselves. And we werent allowed to overlap. My brother picked archery, i picked riding. He picked painting i chose sculpture. He picked gardening i picked astoronomy and so on. Some of his choices i felt like he chose just to spite me for stealing his desert the night before...hey we were 10 I didnt know our bond would be forced apart the next day. We each ended up being tutored by specialists in the different fields. Making freinds in different groups and gaining achivement after achievement just to make our parents proud. And that brings us to this week. The week of our 17th birthday.