The present and the past

As i predicted Roman had sent word to the town ahead and there was a small gathering to celebrate us. It was rather small in the number of villagers. I talked to the mayor of the town and he told me that people had been disappearing without even going near the woods and so others had begun to pack up and move north toward the cities. Small towns not provideding them the safe quiet life they'd hoped for.
Its awful to see our people suffering and heartbreaking to know families have been separated because we hadnt come to save the day a little sooner. Roman wasnt a compleate clod today. When he overheard my talk with the mayor he decided to cancel the festivities and tell the townsfolk that all we needed was a homecooked meal and a place to sleep. A local boy wearing purple asked Ro if he could buy him a drink and then he led Roman to the local tavern. The romantic my brother is he followed with anticipation of the night ahead of him.

Roman is such a lightweight. 2 drinks in and he already is walking slanted and trying to convince me to play pirates with him like when we were little. Honestly i think his intention was to show off for the boy in purple who hadn't left his side the whole night but he ended up looking more amusing than heroic so i took him up on the offer and we sparred for a little bit. Dont worry i went easy on him. Wouldnt wanna marr his perfect face before they can put it on a coin or paint his portrait by the bunch.
I even let him win, just like the old days. A little confidence booster i learned worked wonders when we were small. And sure enough the boy in purple asked to spend the morrow with him as well. I think love may be in the air. Oh if only mother and father had known that both their prospective heirs would prefer the company of men, they might have had a third.

I better make sure lightweight made it to bed. Cant have the future king wandering around aimlessly he'd probably end up in the cursed woods with no weapons, plans, or backup.