[13] Coincidence (Or Is It?)

| Fresh

French and Art passed by pretty uneventfully (other than someone who had tried to lob a paintbrush at me; keyword, tried), and soon I found myself sitting with Alphys, Papyrus and Blooky in the cafeteria. Literally, I had an official gang now. 

Which reminds me, I should hang out with Papyrus and Blooky more often. Going around with only Alphys is a little...I don't know, selfish? I don't want the others to feel left out. And no, that is not, like, my humongous ego speaking there. 

'So, Papy,' I started. 'Are you free after school?'

Papyrus beamed brightly at me. 

'NO.'

'...Oh.' Awkward.

'BUT I CAN ASK SANS!' he exclaimed, taking another bite of his-- actually, what the heck was he eating? It looked like a burger that a unicorn threw up on. 'YOU'LL HAVE TO COME TO MY HOUSE THOUGH. SANS DOESN'T LET ME GO OUT ALONE.'

'Oh, well, no problem. Where is your house, actually?' Jeez, this is so embarrassing. I don't even know where my friend's place is!? Ignorant Fresh...

'OH, IT'S JUST NEAR THE SCHOOL,' The loudspeaker of a skeleton clarified, then turned to Alphys and Blooky. 'WE USUALLY HAD SLEEPOVERS THERE WHEN WE WERE KIDS. ISN'T THAT RIGHT?'

'Yup,' Alphys picked up her fork.

'Right....' Blooky whispered quietly, floating above their seat.

'Oh, really?' So they were friends for years. Wow. Now I feel like a total third wheel. Or a...fourth wheel, I suppose...I sighed internally and let my eye-lights wander across the cafeteria. As usual, it was filled with dozens of Monsters. No PJ, which was a bit of a surprise.

Wait, why am I even thinking about him!?

Forget it. My gaze landed on the lunch lady. Or should I say, lunch skeleton? 

Okay, that sounded kinda weird. But if I remembered correctly, that was Sans, Papyrus' older brother, who doubled as a Home Economics Teacher. I hadn't really talked to him yet...maybe I should, if I'm supposed to go to Papyrus' house.

Oh, jeez. I just hope he doesn't, like, go into overprotective brother mode when I suggest the idea of me going to his house to hang out with his little brother. 

Deciding that I would talk to him later, I turned my attention back to my friends. Papy and Alphys were chattering away as usual, while our shy-and-music-loving ghost was...being shy and music-loving. Literally. They were just floating there silently and listening to music through their headset.

The bell rang with a banshee shriek, and I nearly jumped out of fright. 

Oh, shoot. I have Phys Ed right now. Man, I really wish it would rain so I wouldn't have to struggle through it with my laughable attempts at whatever it is we do in P.E.

I sighed and stood up. 'Okay, guys, I --'

'HEY, LOOK!' Papyrus' excited shout cut me off. 'IT'S RAINING!'

'What?' Alphys stood up and peered out of the window. 'Oh my gosh, it really is...Fresh, Blooky, look! This is amazing!I̶̴̗̗̦͍ͨͭ̉͢͟t̴͕͖͓̀ h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞s̩͙͖̋͛͟n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘'t̴͕͖͓̀ r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊d̸̡̩͍̔ͥ͜ i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘, ẅ̷̷̢̟͇͈̒h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞t̴͕͖͓̀, y̯̤͑́́̓́ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟s̩͙͖̋͛͟? M̶̷̲̊ͥ͋͟ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘t̴͕͖͓̀h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢s̩͙͖̋͛͟?'

Uh...

What the flipping heck!?

Oh well. At least now I won't have to worry about embarrassing myself at P.E.