Chapter Sixteen: Basorexia

Midoriya had no literal, fucking clue how to handle this. If anything, he was about to sink beneath the table and become one with the carpet. Midoriya had never considered himself a wholly aware person. Still, considering that he had never thought, or picked up on the notion that Eijiro and Katsuki may like him, he was forced to rethink that.

Midoriya glanced at Eijiro, who had an awkward, uncomfortable, expression on his face, before looking at Katsuki, who at first, looked entirely at ease, until you saw the redness in his face.

Izuku had four, plausible options:

Do the classic, 'I'm not ready for a relationship." But that brought up the question of when would he be ready? And to be honest, Izuku didn't think he'd become more 'ready' as time went on.Ask for time to think, run home to Uraraka, and beg her to tell him what to do. Then again, Uraraka would probably say something like, 'well, your first mistake was relying on stupid-ass excuses to get here. You like them, right? Just tell them.' Which would just make him look ridiculous and more like an eight-year-old than a man in his twenties.Tell them that the feelings were mutual? Izuku knew that that would be the most straightforward and reasonable, but what if they didn't understand what they were getting into? Izuku was definitely more grounded than what he had been a year ago. Still, the phrase 'damaged goods' was definitely not out of the ballpark.Just walk out. He didn't think that'd go over well, especially since he would have to come back tomorrow morning for work. So that one was a negative.

Midoriya pretty much knew that Option Three was probably the best one to go with. Yet, no words would come out. The innate feeling that he didn't deserve them kept creeping up, the thought ugly, but one that Midoriya couldn't confidently say was false. He was pretty sure the only thing that made him speak was looking at Katsuki and Eijiro and knowing he didn't want to lose what he had.

"I... like you two a lot too, and while I know that I can do this..." Midoriya seizes up for a moment, he wanted this, he wanted them, but the idea of moving so quickly made his anxiety flare. "I also have certain triggers, that I still can't get past, and I don't want to make you guys have to go through all this shit with me, you shouldn't have to."

Kirishima tilts his head before slowly outstretching his hand from across the table. Bakugou, not knowing what else to do and wanting the sick feeling in his stomach to fade away, follows suit.

Eijiro words are, thankfully, not dripping in pity, but have a soft-edge to them. "We are more than willing to go through any and everything you need us to. We're not perfect, both of us have things in our past we want to be scrubbed away, but we got through them- are getting through them. And we'd hate for you to do it alone."

Midoriya grits his teeth. Was he allowed to do this? Was this okay? Midoriya, slowly, as if afraid Eijiro or Katsuki would jerk their hands away, grabs their hands, their fingers intertwining.

One Month Later_____

"Uraraka! Where did I put them!?" Midoriya demands, blindly squinting around the area, holding two boxes in his hands.

Ochaco, sighing, comes out from the bathroom, gathering up her hair and tying it into a messy ponytail. "What are you looking for now?"

Izuku nearly points at her, before remembering all the boxes in his hand. "Don't act like I've been losing things left and right! Where are my glasses?! I can't drive without them, and Kiri and Kacchan are expecting me at one!"

Uraraka cocks an eyebrow, confused. "I thought you were going to wear your contacts?"

Izuku shakes his head, setting down his boxes of clothing with a dramatic huff. "No, I packed them away."