Chapter 2:Jake

One thirty in the morning, I walk past the river in which I see my reflection. Nothing new, except for the turbulence that the water brought on my reflection, similar to what's going on in my head. I see the unattractive dark circles under my eyes, and the bruises on my face, especially the one on the right, still bleeding. I can't bear to look at myself anymore so I put my hood on and turn the volume louder and sink into the music.

I smell the strong scent of the soil while it rains. I hate it. It used to be my favourite smell, the smell I used to enjoy so much.

Her laugh. Her smiles. Her jokes. Her everything. My sister, Freya.

She had died in a car accident. She was the only person who actually made me happy, or feel like I was myself but now she was gone, and I was alone forever.

I continue walking, silently humming along with the tune of the music. It keeps me sane. It seems like it gives me the power to move on.

I come across this slightly darker area. I feel scared. If Freya was here she would have held my hand and told me it would be alright she would have told me that she was always going to be with me.

One thing I have learnt, to never believe.

Never believe in anyone even if they mean it and are saying it from the bottom of their heart .Never believe. As you never know what could happen and something might eventually break their promise resulting in your heart shattering into a million pieces. And at the moment you can't even go to that person and tell them how they broke their promise. Because they are gone.

Although, I am scared I walk into the darkness. Further and further away.

I don't even know who I am walking away from, everything seems to be equidistant. Trapping me from everywhere.