Chapter 5: Ray

I lie down on that spot, and carefully study the sky and the city. Thousands of lights from the city, taking over the darkness inside me.

Suddenly I hear shuffled footsteps, for a second I am completely shocked. I freeze at my spot, and suddenly it feels like my bruises are paining more than usual. I thought I was alone and safe for once. Can't everything be alright for once, I just need some peace.

I scurry away and hide behind what looks like a stack of bricks, I expect some huge muscular man to come up ready to hit me and hurt me, but what I see shocks me.

A guy who looks my age, he has light brown hair, and his black hood covers his eyes. His earplugs are plugged and for some reason it seems like he is not harmful at all. He is drenched from the rain which stopped a few minutes ago.

I see him stare at the sky like he has never seen anything like it before, although I can't see him properly something tells me that his eyes glisten.

I slowly come out of my hiding, and then when I look back, I see him frozen.

Great Ray, he probably noticed you, amazing ninja techniques!

When I turn back, his hood is nowhere over his head. I stare at his hazel eyes, and his directly stare into mine. We both wear a very confused expression on our faces.

Now who is going to speak?

We wait for each other to speak, but then I realize that we aren't going to talk.