Chapter I

The heroes surrounded Hawkmoth after defeating the wave of akumas he had prepared after a heated battle that had left most of them wounded, but fortunately none of them seriously. Chat Noir had an ugly cut under his right eye, which was bleeding profusely, and Carapace had a shallow lunge on his back when he launched to protect Rena Rouge.

After the battle, Mayura had managed to escape the stadium with the help of Hawkmoth, but the main villain, the terrorist who had constantly attacked the city in recent years, was finally surrounded, with no possibility of escaping from the five heroes that the other Miraculous carried.

Determined not to make the same mistake they made when they first fought Hawkmoth in person, Queen Bee summoned her Venin power and paralyzed the villain to prevent him from moving.

Chat Noir was shaking his shoulders impatiently in a very cat-like style on his part. I was eager to finish this whole thing. They had finally beaten Hawkmoth. They would finally know his identity and all this would end. He could finally reveal his identity to Ladybug, and discover hers. He could stop having secrets, and would only transform to meet his Lady.

And just as he was thinking about her, the boy felt his hand slide over his, and Chat Noir smiled. Ladybug shot him a meaningful look.

They had started that fight. They should be the ones to finish it.

Ladybug and Chat Noir walked together towards Hawkmoth, who was held still by the power of Queen Bee. The boy was slightly saddened by the latest heroin rejection, but he had put his feelings aside so that he could fight Hawkmoth. Now, all bitterness had disappeared from how happy he was because the villain had finally been defeated.

"Can you do the honors, chaton ?" Said the heroine, gently squeezing the boy's hand. Chat Noir nodded with a smile, and with his free hand, took the Miraculous from the villain's chest and ripped it from his clothes.

Hawkmoth's transformation fell, freeing the little purple kwami, who fell heavily into Chat Noir's hand, along with the Miraculous. Satisfied that he had released one more victim of the evil villain, the boy smiled and looked up to finally meet the person behind the evil Hawkmoth's mask, only to come face to face with his father.

No, the boy thought as he paled to death. He blinked to clear his sight, but there was no mistake. Gabriel Agreste's furious gaze was fixed on him and Ladybug. His father had been Hawkmoth. His father was a criminal and a terrorist "this cannot be true"

Thinking that his mind was playing tricks on him from how exhausted he was, he turned to Ladybug for confirmation. The girl seemed as surprised as he was, releasing her hand and bringing his to her mouth to stifle a scream. No, he had not been wrong.

Her father Gabriel Agreste was Hawkmoth.

He vaguely remembered when Ladybug mentioned that she believed Gabriel Agreste to be Hawkmoth, but soon the evidence conveniently showed just the opposite, being akumatized.

Too convenient.

Right now it was painfully obvious: Hawkmoth had lost the Miraculous Grimoire, and he knew that if it fell into Ladybug's hands, she would immediately know his identity. Only Ladybug could have known, since at that time Chat Noir ignored everything about the Guardian and the Grimoire.

Hawmoth was his father. Hawkmoth was his father!

Chat Noir was so shocked by this new information, that he only came back to reality when Ladybug squeezed his hands in fury and slapped him in the face, knocking the villain to the ground. The other three heroes let out a startled exclamation, but Chat Noir's emotions were so fixed on the horror of the new discovery that he could barely react.