Chapter X

Two weeks later

Marinette sighed after opening the door and entering, followed by Luka, who was carrying a couple of suitcases with him. They both looked around and smiled.

Luka had helped Marinette find a furnished apartment a little closer to the University and the Agreste mansion. Since the older boy had only recently made that search for himself, he offered to help his girlfriend find a place. At last he found a small one-bedroom apartment in the area he liked. Her original idea had been to share it with Alya, but apparently her best friend would wait for Nino to get an apartment to live with him.

-Well, we finally made it- said Marinette, smiling as Luka put the suitcases on the floor of the room, next to the bed, while she hugged the backpack she carried with her against her chest.

-It's official- Luka said, smiling as he put his hands on his waist and looked around him satisfied- you are a strong and independent woman. Not that you weren't before, but ... you already have your own apartment-

-I guess so- she smiled- although I appreciate my parents signing the contract, because there is still a month and a half until my eighteenth birthday-

Luka nodded and tried to take the backpack from Marinette's hands, but Marinette hugged her back to her chest and stood up to carefully store the backpack in the closet. That attitude seemed strange to the boy.

"What do you have in that backpack that you don't want me to see?" Luka said as he raised his eyebrows and looked at her curiously.

Marinette became nervous, as she noticed Luka's eyes return to the closet door. She bit her lip, not knowing what to say. She knew that the boy knew her identity as Ladybug, but it was something else entirely to tell her that she was the new Guardian of the Mirauculous. It was too much information for the boy. Not that she didn't trust him, but Luka didn't need to carry that secret too.

"Hey ... let's say it's a surprise," the girl finally said in the most convincing tone she could manage.

-Oh yeah?-

Marinette nodded and Luka shrugged, resigned to the girl not wanting to tell him what it was about. She smiled apologetically and took his hand out of his room and walked him into the living room.

-Well, Mamamarimanette? - Luka said with a big smile, leaving aside the subject of the contents of the backpack and dropping onto the living room sofa- I suppose you liked the apartment-

The apartment Luka had helped him find was small, barely having a bedroom, a bathroom, and a living-dining-kitchen area, but Marinette had found it perfect. It was close to the Agreste mansion and the academy he wanted to enter after finishing the lycée , and the payments were not very expensive. It had a beautiful view of the Seine and a nearby park.

-It's really great, Luka- said the girl- thank you very much for helping me find such a perfect place-

-It was nothing, I know that looking for an apartment causes a good headache- Luka said- you are not the only one, my sister is also looking for one-

"Oh, did you get a better one for Juleka?" Said the girl as she crossed her arms.

-Not at all, ma petite souris - Luka said, patting her gently on the head, as if she were a little girl- Jules never listens to his older brother in these matters-

Marinette laughed softly and hugged him. She was so relieved and grateful to have him in her life, and she knew that everything would be better from now on. They both held each other for a few minutes, without letting go. The girl rested her head on Luka's chest. It had a pleasant scent, and its arms were large and warm.