Chapter V

Two days later

Again Monday, another Lycée day that Adrien would not attend. He hoped by now and would have gotten Ladybug's Miraculous, especially since he had the advantage of using two Miraculouses at the same time. But no, it seemed that his odyssey to get the means to make his wish was going to be as long as his father's.

Sigh. He didn't want to admit it, but he felt very lonely and he really missed his friends. Nino, Alya and Marinette. Even Chloé. A part of him felt very bad that his friends had abandoned him knowing that his father was Hawkmoth.

No, that was not true that he had been abandoned, but he preferred to think so. It was not the fault of his friends. Nathalie had taken her cell phone away from her to protect her from people who might call to hurt her in some way. He had even heard Nathalie say that Marinette and Nino had come looking for him on several occasions, but it had been during an akuma attack, and he was busy.

He sighed as he opened the email that Nathalie had leaked to him, burning hate letters for his father's actions. And found among the envelopes a couple of letters from Marinette. Yes, they were hers, the envelopes were pink with white flecks, the signature of her designs.

He took the first letter with trembling hands. What could her friend say to her? Would she hate him for what his father did? No, she would never do anything to hurt him. She took out the sheet of paper that was in the envelope and unfolded it.

Chér Adrien:

I know that right now you must feel very lonely and disappointed. I want to remind you that all your friends are with you, and that we support you, even though we cannot see you. I know you are strong. I'm a phone call away if you need to speak to someone.

Marientte.

Adrien smiled slightly as he folded that letter and reopened the other envelope.

Chér Adrien:

Today I came to visit you again, but your assistant says that you are very busy. Maybe it's just my terrible luck. Hopefully soon I can coincide with you. You have long occupied my thoughts. My parents send you a box of croissants from the bakery; Although I hope your bodyguard doesn't eat them. Your friend who loves you.

Marinette.

The boy accentuated his smile, having a warm feeling in his heart. Marinette was an amazing girl. She was strong, brave, and beautiful. And even though at first their relationship was not so good with her, at least with time he had already stopped stuttering in her presence, and they got along better.

He loved Marinette very much. She was the Ladybug of every day, disinterested and willing to help whoever needed it.

Adrien shook his head. No, perhaps calling her Ladybug was now a bad example. Heroin was now her enemy. No, Marinette was something different. Sigh. I wish I could see her and talk to her. Sure, she couldn't tell him it was Papillon Noir, but she would like to be hugged by a friend. A sincere hug.

He sighed again. Why not? I could ask her to come see her after school. Ask him how things were going on the lycée , and be a little distracted from his worries.

Adrien picked up his new cell phone, and began searching his old tablet for contacts until he reached Marinette's and opened the last conversation he had had with her a couple of days before the incident in which he and Ladybug had beaten Hawkmoth. Marinette had told her that she believed Ladybug was nobody without her Chat Noir. Adrien frowned at that memory. They had discussed which of the heroes was better, and the boy thought she was in love with his alter ego, Chat Noir. She swallowed hard, and started composing a message to invite her home for a chat, when Papillon's Miraculous flashed.