Chapter II

Adrien's heart skipped a beat upon hearing what Nathalie had just said. Ladybug was there? He could see a red blur in the distance, like he was waiting for him to be alone so he could go down to his room to talk to him. The blond boy felt panic form inside him. Would he be able to face Ladybug, now that the love of his life knew he was Hawkmoth's son?

"Call me when you are alone, Monsieur Agreste," said Nathalie, bowing slightly as he left his room.

Adrien looked askance at the window and turned to the kwamis.

-I don't want Ladybug to know that I'm Chat Noir- said the boy making an impatient gesture with one of his hands- don't let him see them, and don't say anything-

The two kwamis nodded and hid under the boy's pillow as the heroin entered through the window of his room. Ladybug had an equally horrified and mortified expression.

As the girl approached him, Adrien felt as if an invisible hand was squeezing his neck, preventing him from breathing. Under normal conditions he always loved that Ladybug was in his house, but now he would give anything to leave and leave him alone. He was greatly ashamed of being Hawkmoth's son.

When she stopped a few steps from him, Ladybug looked fresh and all the black specks from her earrings were present, which meant that the girl had recharged her kwami ​​before transforming back and going to see him. The blond boy looked at her. What would you be thinking of him, and of Chat Noir? Would she be mad that she ran away with Papillon's Miraculous?

Ladybug's expression was not aggressive at all. Her huge eyes were full of love. It reminded him of when they fought Zombizou together and the heroine reluctantly had to leave him behind.

"Adrien," Ladybug said in a shaky voice, bringing him back to reality. Her body language was visibly uncomfortable and worried - I guess ... you already heard that ... -

"That my father was Hawkmoth ... all this time ..." Adrien completed, crestfallen and closing his eyes, as if waiting for the blow, an insult, something. It didn't come. The boy opened his eyes and saw Ladybug still looking at him with concern- I had no idea what he was doing ... Ladybug, I didn't know that he ... - it seemed important to him to say it.

Ladybug's expression was difficult to read, especially in the dim light of her room, but her eyebrows were arched and her lips were stiff in a straight line.

"I didn't know anything, I swear," Adrien insisted.

"I know, Adrien," Ladybug said, stepping forward with a dubious expression, but extending her hand towards him and putting it on his left shoulder, "none of this is ..."

The boy made a superhuman effort not to break, but Ladybug's presence didn't help much. She could still see the heroine's horrified expression in her mind when Hawkmoth was unmasked a few hours ago, so much so that the girl had lost all composure and had beaten him upon learning that it was Gabriel Agreste.

Adrien squeezed his eyes shut, and a sob escaped his lips. Her father was a criminal. He was effectively an orphan now that his father would go to prison for his crimes. And the love of his life could never know his secret identity, because he would always see him as the son of Hawkmoth, part of the family of the terrorist who almost destroyed the lives of everyone in Paris.

The boy shook his head, sitting on his bed and trying to calm himself and prevent another sob from escaping his lips, when Ladybug approached him and hugged him without warning. Adrien blinked, confused at that contact when he felt the heroine's arms make his golden hair land on her chest.

"I'm so sorry, Adrien," he heard the girl say, making him remember Ladybug's fury when confronting his father, "if I could do something to help you ..."