Chapter 11

Clayton's POV

I saw my little flower on the stairs. She was curled up like a child with her head against the wall, her hand around her legs, and her head on between her knees. I could hear heavy breaths escaping her mouth but she didn't turn to me even though I had been staring at her all this time. I slowly stepped closer to her and sat the food down on the steps but then she moved. It looked like a shudder just went up to her spine. She lunged at my torso and hugged me tightly wrapping her hands around me. Her face was nuzzled against my stomach and she was on her knees. I slowly lowered down to her level and hugged her back in a giant embrace trying. Only now I had noticed that ash was crying. Her warm, wet tears soaked into my suit or ran down her cheeks and landed on my shoes.

-Where were you?- I heard her ask in between her cries.

-I'm sorry my sweet I was very busy and some things came up and... I'm just so sorry.

I kissed her head and she stopped crying. Now she was in between my legs just hugging me tightly with her face still on my stomach. She was so adorable even though her face was all wet.

-(Y/N), (Y/N)? (Y/N)? (Y/N)? (Y/N)? (Y/N)? (Y/N)?

I was getting annoyed. This day had been so annoying, stressful, busy and now even my little flower didn't give me much. Her hugging me and crying in my arms was sweet but I was hoping for...more. I picked her up, my one hand on her back and one and the other under her thigs with her legs around my torso. I slowly walked down the stairs and then to the bed. I bent over with my hands holding me up on the bed. Her body was hovering over the bed, she wasn't letting me go. Her hands were still around my neck, holding me tightly. I lowered myself even more so now her back was touching the bed. I climbed on top of the bed and on top of her but again she wasn't looking at me...still. I sighed and moved her so her head was on the pillows and I laid on her stomach.

(Y/N)'s POV

I was sitting on the stairs with my head in between my legs. My neck became stiff from how long I had been in this position but it didn't make much sense to move, Clayton wouldn't come. As I was drowning in self-pity I heard the door open. I can't believe that now I'm even hearing things but then I heard steps on the stone stairs. Clayton! I felt this wave of emotions wash over me and I shuddered. He was standing on the stairs in some fancy shoes but that was all I could see but no matter what he was here, he came. I threw myself at him and hugged his torso while still on my knees which hurt a little. I felt his body against my face and somehow I felt happy. All the fear and paranoia was washed away and I felt tears start to fall from my eyes, I could feel the shirt that was touching my face get soaked in my salty tears.

-Where were you?- I somehow managed to say.

I don't know why but at that moment I shut down and my body went a bit numb. It was like I was having an out of body experience. It was like there was me on the outside and me in my head looking at what was happening outside. I saw him crouching down and sitting on the stairs, with his legs parted and me in between them. I heard him saying my name over and over again but I couldn't say anything, I was just sitting on the stairs with my hands on his neck. I suddenly felt my body being lifted off the stairs and I instinctively wrapped my legs around him not to fall but I was losing the grip on my consciousness. What was happening right now? Was I having some kind of panic attack? I couldn't focus on anything it was like I was getting locked up in my head. I then felt my weight touch the soft mattress that somehow pulled me out of that state. I was now on the bed with Clayton laying on top of me. His head was on my stomach and his legs were wrapped around mine he was looking at me with annoyance but longing for...something. His eyes suddenly lit up like he just noticed I was looking right at him. He lifted himself with his hand making his upper chest lift up but his lower half was still weighing on me. He hovered over my face and looked at it.