(Rich Goranski) He has a Squip?

Yes ik it's Rich again but I love him so Heere ya go.
TW: Heeectic fight, death of a best friend

Y/N's POV

It's been a while since the incident. That was back in freshman year when I still lived in California. It's Junior year now. I moved to New Jersey last year.

I gained a little bit of popularity here. Nothing big like ruling the school, I'm just friends with everyone. I'm not really close with anyone because it's been hard to form a connection with anyone since what happened.

Still, everyone knows and likes me. I go to all the big parties and stuff. I guess people just like me because I'm kind to everyone. I'm also friends with popular people like Chloe and Brooke so some see that as a reason to be friends with me.

I don't really care much about the popularity system here but I definitely know how it works. Even though that doesn't really matter to me when making friends, I'm observant enough to know where people stand.

That is why when Jeremy Heere became popular I was completely shocked. You've got a guy who's at the bottom of the ranks, completely socially awkward and has only one friend do a complete 180 in every aspect in one day.

All his stammering, nervous ticks and slouching are gone. I swear I've caught him talking to no one or even get electrocuted. What's worse is that I've noticed similar patterns in another popular kid, Rich Goranski.

It's weird like everything they do is so smooth yet unnatural. Almost as if–no, no way. You've left that behind. This isn't California anymore. Still I tried to pay attention to them some more and I noticed something.

That kid, Michael I think, used to be Jeremy's only friend. When Jeremy walks past him it's like he doesn't even see him.

I get that if you're not friends with someone anymore you won't talk to them but this doesn't even feel like intentional ignoring. Most friendships with rocky ends will result in maybe a dirty look. If Jeremy just left him for popularity maybe he'd even spare him a remorseful glance.

But nothing. I don't even think he sees Michael. That paired with how confused Michael looks. Something's up. No matter how badly I don't want to imagine it, maybe it's a Squip. I'm really scared that it is.

If he has one maybe so does Rich. I figured I should sort this out by going to Michael. Maybe he knows if Jeremy is Squipped.

I saw him at the 7/11 before school and took it as the perfect opportunity.
"Hey, Michael right?"
"Yeah." He seemed hesitant to talk to me.

"You're Jeremy's friend, right. I'm Y/N by the way."
"Yeah and I know."
"Okay cool so you'll probably know. What's up with him?"

Now he was confused. "What are you talking about?"
"Is he Squipped?" He again looked confused.

I hoped it was about what a Squip is and not how I know about it.
But to no avail, "I think so. He took it at the mall and I haven't heard from him since."

"Wait he actually has one of those things? Oh my gosh. This can't be happening. Not here!"

I was speaking really fast but I was panicking. If there are Squips here, that means bad news.

"Hey Y/N, what's going on?"
"How did he even hear about Squips?" I asked, not answering his question.

"I think it was Rich who told him to get one."
"This is gonna sound very off topic but I swear it isn't. Do you by any chance have Mountain Dew Red. It's like regular Mountain Dew but red."

"Yeah I know this guy who works at the back of Spencer's Gifts who–"
"Great can you give it to me tomorrow at school."
"Yeah sure I guess."
"Cool thanks. You're a life saver. See you then," and I walked to school without whatever I was going to buy.