Rooftop Betrayal

The crimson coloured leaves adorned the side walk, crunching sounds were heard everywhere as shoes met the ground. The cold wind blew past the entrance of the restaurant making Donghyuck fold his arms, cursing himself for just wearing a simple long sleeved t-shirt. Even though it was close to midnight the street was still alight with people going back home and cars that were stuck in the minimal traffic, most probably because it was Friday night. Donghyuck pulls his sleeves over his fingers folding his arms once again when a pair of hands finds their way around his waist. Jaemin rests his chin on Donghyuck's shoulder closing his eyes momentarily as he savoured the feeling of having him this close.

"Are you cold?" Jaemin asked looking at his side profile while his hands rested firmly at the base of the brunettes torso.

"No" Donghyuck claimed shivering slightly when a cold breeze blew past them.

Jaemin quietly chuckled before taking off his jacket and putting it over Donghyuck's shoulder and zipping it up for him once he had slipped his arms through them. Jaemin smiled to himself, his eyes falling over the tinge of red decorated on Donghyuck's cheeks making him look like a shy anime girl. Just the sight of him being pouty because of the cold weather made Jaemin want to smother him with kisses. Instead he settled for intertwining their hands together as they walked through the semi-crowded streets.

"We just passed your car." Donghyuck said looking at Jaemin and back towards his car.

"Yeah, I thought maybe we should take a walk" Jaemin said pulling him closer by his hand.

"You have to be kidding me"

"I just thought it would be nice to walk around a little" Jaemin said bringing up their interlinked hands to his face and placing a kiss on the back of Donghyuck's palm before adding "together"

"Fine but I'm only agreeing cause you're cute" Donghyuck uttered holding onto Jaemin's arm with his free hand.

Jaemin grinned down at him placing a small kiss on his temple as they walked side by side the cold air nipping at their skin while they relished in the warmth of each other's presence. The lights in the windows dimmed around them as people called it a day. The atmosphere was eerily calm but it still settled a sense of peace in Donghyuck's mind as he pushed away every other thought out of his mind. He looked sideways at Jaemin studying his features when he noticed a similar looking building in the corner of his eyes. Donghyuck looked towards the 4 story apartment block when a sudden what he believed to be harmless idea struck him. Donghyuck started running inside the alleyway right in front of it pulling Jaemin along with him who was more than surprised at his unanticipated enthusiasm.

Donghyuck broke apart from him going towards what looked like the fire escape of a pretty shady looking building. Even before Jaemin could say anything Donghyuck had already climbed over the barricade around the stairs making his way up before stopping and gesturing Jaemin to follow him. Jaemin looked around the place and up at the structure watching Donghyuck go further up. He whispered yells "LEE DONGHYUCK" before following him anyways looking downwards constantly to make sure he doesn't miss a step on the completely iron clad set of steps. Donghyuck stepped onto the rooftop finally turning back to see Jaemin right behind him with a confused expression on his face, panting lightly.

"What are we doing here?" Jaemin asked almost tripping on the last step before coming up beside the honey skinned boy.

"Well this is sort of my haven"

"I like coming here. It's calm and peaceful and it's probably the only place I can truly call my own" Donghyuck added thinking back to the words Mark had said and reciting them to Jaemin as he took a seat on the ledge.

"Do you come here often?" Jaemin asked wiping the ground with his hand before sitting down beside him.

"You could say that" Donghyuck answered looking ahead at the vast empty sky, only to be disturbed by a blaring car horn.

"Is there a special reason why you like this place" Jaemin asked tangling their legs together as they swung off the edge.

"Everything is just so much more beautiful from up here" Donghyuck replied letting out a dreamy sigh

"Like you" Donghyuck added tilting his head to the side.

"Are you calling me ugly?" Jaemin said both of them breaking into a fit of laughter a wave of comfort and familiarity washing over them.

Jaemin drew his clothes closer to his body tucking his hands in his jeans pocket as the humid yet cold air hit the exposed parts of his skin making a shiver run down his back. He put his left leg over Jaemin's moving his body closer to him. Donghyuck rubbed his hands together and pressed them on either side of the blonde boys face receiving a giggle in return. Jaemin licked his lips looking over Donghyuck's face that was practically red by now because of the decreasing temperature. His eyes gracing over the minute details on the other boys face, the crinkle at the corner of his eyes when he smiled, the pull at the corner of his lips and the moles that scattered his face and neck. Jaemin leaned in closing the space between them, his hand finding its way on top of Donghyuck's thigh that lay on top of his while Donghyuck's hands slipped down to the nape of his neck. Even though it wasn't their first time and even though he was used to this it still alight a thousand fires inside Jaemin's chest as their tongues moved in sync pulling him deeper into the pit less feeling of love.

-

The almost empty streets, the street vendor at the corner of the street selling corndogs and the smell of freshly brewed coffee coming from the cafe open 24/7 usually always helped lift Mark's mood up and he would be lying if he said he wasn't feeling much better than he did just moments ago. But the more he walked the more lost he felt. This was what he did every time he fought with his parents so it wasn't unusual for him to be out roaming in the streets at night, it was actually becoming more of a common affair than he would like it to be. Even though they ended on a bad note he knew the moment the sun breaks the horizon they will resort to pretending this night didn't happen at all.

His feet touched metal as he slowly made his way up to the top, it irked him just how familiar this felt. One of the reasons he loved coming to this place was because of the calm and quiet it provided which seemed to be quite sparse in his life currently. Sitting on top of the building looking down at the city everything seemed so clear and perfect and just for a little while Mark always let himself believe it was, thinking that maybe just maybe if he pushed all his feelings away it would disappear. He buried his hands in his jacket pocket drawing in a deep breath before stepping onto the landing.

The sound of people talking took him out of his trance, his eyes landing onto the two figures in front of him. Mark blinked rapidly, a sense of hurt washing over him. The sight in front of him inadvertently made him take a step back, his waist hitting the railing of the staircase. The whole situation hit him like a train the moment he saw Haechan getting up from his position, their eyes meeting for a brief moment before Mark took off in a sprint running down the stairs without a second thought. He quickly retraced his steps hurrying out of there his head bursting with the images of just moments ago. Usually he would stop by the cafe and buy an iced coffee while returning home but the only thing he wanted to do right now was run as far away from what he thought of as his safe place. He knew they weren't together and even though he should be used to it he wasn't. Slowing down when he was far enough he rested his back onto a nearby wall and for the first time since the bet started he was starting to see Jaemin's point of view.

A/N:

I know I haven't updated in a while and I'm really sorry I've been busy with college entrance tests and I still have a few left actually. I finally got some time to write so here you go. I'm quite close to the ending so I don't wanna stop now. I will try updating again soon. Well let me know what you think of this chapter