Picnic (Part 2?) Y/N POV

Your POV

For the Fanfic Squad

Drew x Y/N (C'mon don't be shy now)

That guy is mean. Just stood me up and texted me just now. Well frankly my dear, I don't give a duck! I walk rereading the texts that guy gave me. Gosh! Why are people so immature sometimes?! Looking down at my phone, I didn't notice that there was this guy who was running towards me.

We accidently bumped into each other, and when I got my stuff, he helped me get and collect it. He looked like he was on the verge of tears. He said, "I'm SOOOO sorry!" Gosh he was an interesting guy.

He had the same stuff I had and obviously I was a bit annoyed but since he seemed sad, I just smiled at him and tried to say comforting words. He looked like a sad prep boy with a basket. We chatted a little and had fun making our own, 'Gosh romance sucks' picnic. It was fun. His name was Drew, and I learned that he was top of his class and liked classical music. I hadn't realized that I was smiling for so long until we left. Then at home, my cheeks started hurting.

"Hey!" (your best friend's name) said. They were my roommate.

"Hello!" I said getting on my phone. I opened it and immediately went to contacts. I added Drew's number on the list and named him.

Name: Drew 🙂

I opened my phone and texted him.

YOU:

Hey! This is Y/N!

He replied faster than Flash could run.

Drew 🙂:

Hey Y/N! So wanna hang next week?

                                                                                                 YOU:

                                                  Yeah sure! I would like that

Drew 🙂:

OK then

Meet at the Classic Café then next week

                                                                                             YOU:

                                           Yea I would like that 😊 Cya~

"Oooo~ Who are you talking too?"

"Just some guy I met at the park," I replied with.

"Really? Didn't you have a date already?"

"Yea, but he stood me up. Plus this guy just broke up with his girlfriend."

"Oh ok," my roomie said going away.

The Next Day:

I locked the door to the condo and went to the bookstore where I worked. I liked working there, but I wanted to become an author writing stories where imagination is endless. Writing comedy, fantasy, angst, gore, drama, romance, and more! But this was the best I could do for now.

I arrived, put my uniform on, and was put at the customer service desk.

I helped many people that day and during break, I ordered myself a go-to ramen with a water and ate lunch quickly.

"Y/N nobody's at the customer service. Can you do it?" the manager asked.

"Yea, sure!" I replied with.

I cleaned up and went back to the desk. A boy wearing a navy sweatshirt came and asked, "Do you have any biographies on Hamilton himself and not the musical or Lin?"
"Hello sir! And yes! We do! It is one of the first ones in the H section of biographies," I replied back with.

"Thanks," he shortly said.

I took a closer look at him and realized, "Drew?!"
The guy looked up and his mouth dropped a little. "Y/N?! You work here?"

"Yep!" I exclaimed. "Why are you dressed so sad?"

I dawned me that he was still probably upset about the break-up.

"Omygosh! I'm so super sorry!" I said, trying to cover up my mistake.

"No," he said shrugging it off. "It's okay. I just didn't know you worked at one of my favorite alone places."

"Oh ok."

Then he walked off and said, "See ya next week or whenever?"

"Yea...See ya."

Later at night:

"... at one of my favorite alone places."

I guess that meant that's where he could be himself not the stuck up preppy guy he seemed like when I first met him. So, I wanted to let him be himself around me.