Chapter 1

"Can you believe we are graduating college tomorrow" Lori said.

"It's weird and I can't believe no more school.... well for now" Landon replied.

"Are you thinking of going back?"

"Depends on if I like the job or not".

"I'm sure you will. You'll be working at an exciting startup video game company it's so you".

"True what about you?".

"I can see myself going back to school but who knows".

"You probably won't. You are working at your favorite museum just 15 minutes from me".

"Right again"

They just both laughed at each other.

They arrived at the restaurant for their pre graduation celebration and for Landon's sister pre wedding fun.  Landon and Lori weren't into this kind of party but they agreed anyway.

"How over extreme do you think they are going to be?" Landon asked.

"Who knows hopefully not super extreme".

They knew their parents so they just shook their heads hoping they would tone it down a bit. They walked to the area that was usually reserved for parties and all they saw were pictures of them and his sister.

They once again just looked at each other and shook their heads. They joined everyone and had to hear over and over again how proud they were. Landon's sister got told over and over congratulations. After saying hi to mostly everyone Landon and Lori went to the arcade that they had and played games for a while.

"Hey you guys we have more for you so finish up that game and come back to the table" Landon's mom said.

She walked away.

"This should be interesting" Landon said.

"I'm scared" Lori replied as she laughed.

They walked back to the table and it was a start of a celebration video for Landon's sister and her soon to be husband. They have been together for about 5 years now and always looked so happy. Lori has always dreamed of getting married but hasn't had luck in finding the right guy.

That video was over and the next one was starting, the first thing they saw was their faces when they were probably about 4.

Landon leaned over "here we go".

Lori just wanted to hide under the table but knew she couldn't.  During the whole video they were just looking at each other and hoping it would be over soon. The video was finally over and it was dessert time, then go home time.

It was time to go home as everyone was starting to leave. They stayed and help clean up and try to get people to take food home but so far nobody wanted anything. There wasn't a lot of food but Lori started to think she had food for tomorrow so she was okay with it. Once everything was cleaned up lori and Landon decided to drive around for a little.

Once they got back in the car Landon was looking at her weird.

"What?" She asked.

"I have an idea"

"Which is?"

"I say we do that 50 state thing that we always been talking about since forever".

"And we fly out of California for the wedding".

"Yeah".

"Who's car are we driving mine or yours?"

"I was thinking renting one".

"Like we have the money for that".

"Come on my future brother in law owns a rental company he could probably get us a good deal and we don't have to worry about driving back and just return the car where we are flying out anyways".

"I'm in".

"Okay I say we tell everyone about our plan at the party tomorrow night".

"Probably the best time".

They did their handshake and it was official. They drove to the closest beach and started to talk about all the places that they wanted to see. They bought a map of the country and see how they were going to do it.

They soon realized it was a lot harder than they thought.

After about an hour of planning they decided it was best to head home as they had a long day ahead of them tomorrow.

They pulled into Lori's driveway.

"You know when you drive you can just park in front of your house" Lori said.

"I know but I don't want you walking by yourself".

"It's 4 houses not that far".

"I know but I don't mind".

"Bye see to tomorrow".

Landon just waved and drove to his house. Lori always waited until he got out of the car and into the house.

"Mom, Dad I'm home" she said as she entered the house.

She went to go check on her little brother Austin and he was already asleep.

She took a quick shower and laid in bed.

Her mom came in "hi so ready for the big day tomorrow?"

"Kind of and kind of not"

"That's normal and it's okay. Graduating college is scary because while you are already in the big world, it gets bigger. I'm so proud of you and I always am. I'll let you get some sleep".

Her mom left the room then came back in a few minutes.

"Look what I made for you and Landon. I was going to wait till tomorrow but I felt like giving you it now" her mom said.

It was a book filled with memories of her a Landon.

"Remember when I told you I didn't like him and didn't want a new friend" Lori said while laughing.

"I'm glad you guys decided to be friends because it would have been weird if my daughter didn't like my best friends kids".

"I liked Bailey when I first met her".

"I know but still".

"Landon was always there for me so I'm glad I gave him a chance. Couldn't imagine a better friend".

They spent awhile looking through the book and remembering everything that was in the book. She couldn't wait for Landon to see it.

Her mom left the room as it was getting late and she just laid in her bed starring at the ceiling. Before she knew it she was asleep.