Chapter 2

Alexa POV

Once the bell signalled the end of school I got my backpack and went outside as fast as I could to meet up with my brother. James is standing by the driver door and is staring down at his phone with a smile on his face.

"Whos that?" I asks curiously, "You're girlfriend?"

"Shut up Lexa," James mutters with a smirk on his face. 

"So it is?" I laugh as I get in the passenger seat and put on my seatbelt before putting in my nasal cannula (NC).

"Alexa I swear, shut up. Also don't tell dad and Peter this but... Its not a girl..." James stutters. 

"Are you saying you're gay?" I ask with a smile. 

"Yes but I haven't told anyone except..." He cuts himself off at the end. 

"Except your boyfriend," I smirk. 

"Are you mad?" He asks. 

"Hell no! Thanks for telling me!" I cheer. 

"Don't tell dad and Peter."

"Only if you don't tell dad and Peter that I'm bi..." I mumble. 

He smiles, "Okay."

The rest of the car ride home is quiet. When we get home we don't hear any crashes or yelling so we slowly walk in. When we get in we only see mom so we quickly make our way inside. 

"Where are they?" I ask. 

"I honestly don't know but they aren't here so that's good," My mom says from the kitchen. 

Mom doesn't work since my dad is one of those sexist that say women belong in the kitchen. So dad, Peter and James work for income for the whole household. It honestly surprises me dad and Peter can keep a job. They won't tell us what they do meaning its probably illegal anyway. James works odd jobs since he is still in school.  

"Okay, well before they get home, Mom," I start. 

My mom hums in response. 

"The school is going to see a musical in a couple weeks I was wondering if I could go," I state. 

"If you aren't sick," My mom responds as she quickly signs the permission slip before giving it to me to quickly put back into my backpack before dad can object. 

"Thanks momma," I respond as I make my way to my room. James went to his room earlier to get ready for whatever job he's working this afternoon. I quickly pull out my laptop from my bag as I adjust my NC. 

My friends are talking in our group chat so I quickly join whatever conversation they're having while working on my homework.