Academy

Naruto POV

Today I start the academy and I'm interested to see how things are going to go. I have met a few of the people in the rookie twelve already but never really made a friendship with them more so I had played with some in the past, such as my experience with sasuke. And I made sure to have played with kiba, Shikamaru and Choji when the boys would get together and practice the running and other things like that but never really bonded with them I wouldn't be surprised if at the time they don't really remember my name. As for Hinata the situation went down the same as it did in canon except I beat the bullies by throwing a stink bomb at them. I then gave her my speech about becoming hokage, after I helped her up, so I would not be surprised if she had a crush on me.

I walk into the classroom late and get reprimanded for being late on the first day. I mentally sigh waiting for when I become a official ninja to drop the fact that I'm talentless. I won't show everything but I got permission that I could actually show some of my true skill when I became a official shinobi.

I sat in the class a few rows behind sasuke. When it was break almost  all of the girls were fawning over sasuke that's when I decided to start my rivalry but I planned on it being a different kind then the original. I jumped onto sasukes desk.

Naruto " sasuke this sasuke that sure he's talented for our age, I should know I used to see him practice, but I also know he's not as amazing your all making him out to be when it comes down to it he's just a kid like the rest of us, and I'll show it sasuke meet me out in the training yard right now for a spar!"

Sasuke " you really are just a idiot if you've seen me practice and still want to fight."

Naruto " just follow me you Teme "

The class then followed us to watch the fight with everyone thinking sasuke would win and hinata worrying about me.

Me and sasuke Begin the fight I then ran at him and when he went to get the swift take down I surprised him with a single uchiha style intercepter fist to the stomach. He didn't say anything but I saw the shock in his eyes. He then proceeded to beat me where I could only now and again get a "lucky" block. It ended With me on the ground and everyone had left knowing sasuke had won, sasuke stood there for a moment probably wondering how I got a hit in with his clans taijutsu no less.

Sasuke " that was a lucky hit you hit there Dobe but it won't happen again."

Naruto " hnnn ( whatever you say teme your lucky I can't show my true abilities yet)

The boy was shocked

Sasuke " hnnn ( you know how to speak the secret uchiha language?!?!)

I gave him a knowing smile but deflected the question .

Naruto " I'll beat you next time teme after all i will be hokage one day dattebayo "

He stared at me with curiosity racking his brain as in his eyes I just became a anomaly. Hopefully this will lead him to seek some sort of bond with me even if it's just him trying to get answers. And with the knowledge that someone else may know how his clan talked made the world a little less lonely to him.

I went back into the classroom and most of the kids laughed at me including kiba. That's when I stood on the teachers desk and bragged about how I was gonna be the hokage and they would have to respect me. While I was doing that sasuke went back to his desk. The teacher came in and made me do laps for standing on his desk. I can't wait till I get iruka later this week as this guy will no doubt switch classes because he won't want to teach the kyuubi brat .

After doing my laps like a kid my age I returned to class and pretended to not be paying attention like someone who didn't understand the material and was bored.

This is how my academy days would play out I would be the idiot prankster who Was the absolute dead lost in the academy. However I would maintain sasukes interest by occasional replying to some of his uchiha speak and maintain the dobe exterior without giving out any more information. I would wind up growing a bond with iruka as if he was like a older brother, and despite acting like I didn't understand a thing I would ask him to give me extra after school lecture on all sort of topics so
I could try to increase my book smarts. Whenever it was our one on one I would pay undivided attention to him although I would make it appear I was struggling. However it did give me a reason to increase my test scores to a point I wouldn't be dropped from the program. He also seemed to like that I would actually try and put extra work in. I may have actually know about everything in class but I did learn many new things in our private lectures. I told the old man hokage it was his job to inform iruka of my genius and how I was forced to hide it when the time comes.

During my academy years I created the perfect henge of a random leaf Jonin. I would use this disguise to enter the library where I would read all information from civilian to jonin level they had in the library. Which taught me many new things.

Time skip

When the final graduation test came I had failed it that's when I was approached by mizuki when I " stole the scroll I had informed lord hokage of what was going on and how I would bait him into revealing his true nature, however to make it seem real he did send ninja to find me and retrieve the scroll. While hiding at the meeting point waiting for mizuki I had decided to read everything that was in the scroll which had lead me to knowing a vast majority of secret and forbidden jutsu collected by the hidden leaf village of the years. Many would take years for me to actually perform but know I knew the details about it including how to do it, I just needed to train in them. However I can use a few immediately.

The situation played out similar to the original until after beating the traitor the hokage came out with some anbu to retrieve the traitor and bring him to interrogation. Gramps then took me and iruka to the hokage office that's where he revealed that it was a sting mission and how I'm actually smarter than I've shown because of the threat from potential enemies, I've had to hide my true abilities but he didn't go into detail how much I knew just that I was at the very least "on par "with the top rookie. I received my head band and was met with pride from my elder brother figure who took me out to ichiraku ramen.