Prologue

On April the 1st, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event

On April the 1st, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Billions of people were wiped out in a matter of minutes. Ironically, the seven survivors of the apocalypse were the very siblings who brought it on.

Their solution?

Travel back in time in order to stop the apocalypse from ever happening.

What they didn't know was that time travel was a lot messier than any of them could ever imagine. And the very apocalypse they thought they had stopped?

It didn't quite disappear like they had hoped.

- - -

1960
Dallas, Texas

Sometimes Klaus Hargreeves really wished he hadn't decided to stay sober. After all, with the shit his family liked to pull it was hard not to wish he could just get drunk and forget it all.

And now was just the icing on the cake.

The last thing Klaus remembered was holding onto his sister's hand, his grip tight as he had given her a smile. Five had promised he would get them out of there and Klaus had believed it. He was going to be alive and he would have Emilia by his side. He would've done anything Five told him to do if it meant he could stay with his sister just a little longer.

The years apart had not done him any good and Klaus was ready to really begin living his life once again, but this time with his twin and his best friend by his side.

But sometime during the jump, Emilia's hand had been ripped from his and Klaus was suddenly hit with the same feeling one got as they rode down the big drop on a rollercoaster. His screams mixed with his brother Ben's was all he could hear while he fell from the air, briefly catching a glimpse of sunlight and a town he didn't recognize before he landed butt first on the gravel below.

Klaus had to gasp for air, his whole body aching at the sudden impact while his stomach did summersaults. Ben sat beside him groaning as well, but with the hint of a smile on his face as if he couldn't believe they had just done that.

"That was. . ." Klaus began, his voice coming out in a groan. "Exhilarating," Ben interrupted, smiling widely while ignoring the look Klaus sent his way.

"Not what I was going for and I doubt Emilia would feel the same way. Listen to this shit, Emi, Ben thought that was—" Klaus fell silent, his body throbbing with pain as he glanced to his side where his sister should've been.

"Emilia?"

"Where's Five?" Ben questioned, not having noticed Klaus who was looking around with wide eyes. "Who cares about Five? Where's Emilia? Where's my sister?" Klaus asked, finally causing Ben to whirl around as he too realized that the girl was no where to be seen.