1

November 25th, 1963Dallas, Texas

November 25th, 1963
Dallas, Texas

When Five Hargreeves had the pleasure of finally escaping from his time vortex, he was unfortunate enough to land in a huge puddle that instantly soaked his socks and would've gotten his shorts too if he hadn't caught himself by his hands and quickly pushed his body off of the ground.

He could hear the portal above him and looked up, his eyes widening slightly as he realized no one else had landed with him. "Emilia!" Five yelled out, panic setting into his body as he realized he might've just trapped his family in a time portal he still didn't necessarily know how to use.

"Luther! Diego!" he cried out, but the portal had already closed and not a single member of his family had fallen out with him.

As soon as the portal disappeared, taking with it the roaring sound of wind, Five was suddenly met with the sound of gunshots from behind him. He didn't have time to think about his family or what had happened to them and instead turned around, his eyebrows furrowing together as he heard the sound of bullets ricocheting and machine-guns being fired.

Five didn't hesitate to walk out of the alley he had landed in and into the street, but he couldn't help freezing in his tracks as he took in the destroyed buildings, half of which were in fire, and the tanks rolling down the street as soldiers ran by yelling with Soviet flags in their hands.

People were being shot down everywhere Five looked, Russian and American accents mingling in the air as everyone fought each other. In the air, military planes flew by at incredible speed as bombs fell from the sky and blew up places a little ways away.

Five didn't know how he saw it, but somehow his eyes were able to spot the newspaper lying in some rubble in the middle of the street. Ducking from the bullets shooting by, Five ran towards the newspaper and was quick to fall to his knees while his eyes took in the headline.

"Soviets attack US?" Five whispered, utterly confused. He couldn't remember a time that had happened which begged the question that he didn't know all his other siblings had wondered as soon as they landed—where the hell was he?

Stumbling to his feet, Five continued to look around in confusion. "No, this can't be right," he muttered, walking towards the middle of the street and right next to the big tank.

"We're gonna get you out of here. Keep your head down," an American soldier nearby assured a young business man who was holding his arm in pain. "Medic! Medic!" another soldier cried out. But then someone was suddenly looking at Five and yelling, "Hey, kid, get down!"

Five frowned a little at that, but didn't have time to think much on it for people were being shot down right in front of him. "What the hell did we do now?" he muttered.