7

Pulling up to the building she knew her father was in gave her mixed emotions

Pulling up to the building she knew her father was in gave her mixed emotions. Emilia just had so much she wanted to say, so much she needed to tell Diego and Five. It was a question of how that really stumped her, especially when she had to worry about facing her father.

That wasn't even including that he was there on the day of Kennedy's assassination, a fact that even she couldn't deny looked a little sketchy. Hargreeves always had been a mysterious man, barely even opening up to the kids about some serious topics including his past. It made her wonder if he was capable of assisting in Kennedy's assassination, if he might've been a part of other significant historical events without their knowledge.

"This is it," Five sighed as they came to a stop in front of the Umbrella Company, the realization that their father who none of them had seen in quite some time falling upon their shoulders like a heavy weight. Emilia let out a shaky breath before putting her wall up and giving her boys a smirk, "Let's do this."

She was getting out of the car without a second thought, Diego and Five sharing a look before getting out after her. Emilia had stopped to stare at the building and Five and Diego came up on either side of her. Emilia found herself glancing to Five who looked back up at her. They exchanged small smile while Emilia wrapped an arm around his shoulders and gave him a squeeze.

"'D.S. Umbrella,'" Diego read. "This is it." The three began to walk forward, but they didn't get far before Five was suddenly stopping. Emilia instantly turned to look at him, a confused look on her face as she whispered, "Five. . .you okay?"

"Yeah, fine. Just. . ." Five trailed off as he once again looked towards the building. Emilia softened a bit as she realized what must be going through his head and walked over to the boy. She held a hand out and Five looked up at his sister who was giving him a warm smile as she said, "It'll be okay. Together, right?"

Five was hesitant, his eyes staring at her hand before he looked back at his sister and relaxed a bit. He reached out before grabbing ahold of her hand, Emilia giving it a tight squeeze in response. "Together," he agreed.

"How long's it been since you've seen the old man?" Diego asked once the two had walked over to where he was currently trying to unlock the door. "Forty five years," Five sighed, distantly remembering the last moment he had seen his father, how he had argued with him before running away and getting trapped in the future after doing the one thing Hargreeves told him not to do.

"That's a trip," Diego muttered. "No kidding," Five said. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, the last time Diego here saw Dad was right before he ran away and left him to die," Emilia offered, patting Diego on the shoulder as he frowned her way.