Chapter 28

Talking and catching up with Shu was actually pretty fun, but we decided to go back to the mansion. I have to talk to them(Sakamaki bros). I put Hopper and Gray in bag and Shu and I teleported to my room. I put my bag on the bed.

I see Shu already comfortable on my bed and I roll my eyes. I teleport to outside of Subaru's bedroom. I knock on his door and there's no answer. I open his door and he's not there. I go outside and see him sitting on a bench next to the rose bushes. I sit next to him.

"Where have you been?" Subaru asks coldly.

"Somewhere to cool off." I respond softly.

We're silent. I don't know what to say. I don't want to say sorry, I mean it's not my fault...

Right?

But he's not going to apologize he's just as stubborn as I am.

I hug him instead. How do I apologize without saying sorry?

"I didn't mean-" I started but got cut off.

"I'm sorry Y/n." Wow. That is something I didn't know I would hear from Tsun Tsun.

"I shouldn't have raised my voice at you like that and I shouldn't try to control you or supervise you 24/7. I just don't want to lose you again. We were connecting again and then I felt left out I guess." I hug Subaru tighter and he hugs me back. I pull back and give him a peck on the cheek.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have lost temper that quickly and you guys were right. I have no right bringing people over because it's not my house."

Subaru laughs.

"What?!" I asked.

"Is Y/n L/n really apologizing. There really is a first time for everything." I scoffed.

"I should be saying that Tsunbaru." He stopped laughing.

"Stop calling me that!" He groaned. And I kept teasing him.

We had a good laugh before I went to find the other Sakamaki bros. When I was at Kanato's door, it was slightly opened. I saw him playing with his tea set. I knocked on his door and he looked up. Kanato's eyes watered before he hugged me. "You're so mean Y/n. Always leaving me with them." He sobbed. Someone peered in while I was hugging Kanato. I turned around feeling a presence behind and saw Laito. I opened my arms to him and hugged.

"I'm sorry guys. I was just angry and left to cool down for a bit." They nodded. I let go but Kanato kept holding me.

"Can you come in later for tea?" Kanato asked. I looked at his big eyes and he just looked is cute so I nodded in response.

"What! What about me?!" Laito asked Kanato flinging his arms.

Kanato sat back down at his tea set. "What about you?" Kanato asked not even looking at him. I left before hearing the rest. I went to Reiji's room obviously knocking on the door before I enter. Getting tired of waiting for him to answer I opened the door. Reiji was sitting at his desk reading a book not paying attention to who was just at his door.

"Do you know it is impolite to enter someone's room without knocking and getting their permission to enter?" He flipped the page in his book.

"Did you also know that I knocked on the door but no one answered?

He turned his chair around and saw me. He cleared his throat.

 "I still didn't give you permission to enter." I groaned. 

"Come on Reiji.. Let me off on this time."

 Reiji sighed. "I guess. Now what do you want."

"I just wanted to apologize for what I said a couple days ago. It wasn't right of me."

Reiji pushed up his glasses and smirked. "Hmm... that's something I never thought I' d hear from you, but yeah it was out of line." I rolled my eyes at him.

"I regret apologizing to you now." He chuckled. 

"You were much sweeter when we were kids, but even then you never really apologized unless it was to the adults." We chuckled reminiscing the old days. 

"Well Reiji I should go now. I have to see Ayato and my family." I waved as I left. I close his door and head to Ayato's room just opening it. He's not there. I try to think about where he could be. 

"Where could he be?" I smack my head as I remember where Ayato always went after studying. I teleport to the lake. I see Ayato there sitting on the edge of the dock. I walk up and sit next to him. He looked at me and looked back out of the lake. 

"Remember when we were kids and when I played outside with you and the others, I would get yelled at for not studying?" I nod just listening to him. "You would always come to defend me from my mother. I remember when we were catching bats and she yelled at me for not studying. You said 'Cordelia. Ayato is taking a break because he was studying all day. He's going to study harder after playing to make you proud!' You were always there to help me with her and my studies. But...when you left..I-I failed.She wasn't proud of me and to punish me. She tried to drown me in this very lake. I screamed for help and all she said was 'You are not my son anymore' because I failed. She always liked you. She adored you. I was jealous and just wanted her to love and adore me like did to you, but...you showed me love, adoration, and more. I don't want you to abandon me or our friendship. When we all argued a couple of days ago, I felt like I failed yet again. I failed to keep a friend." I looked at Ayato and he wasn't crying. He kept a straight face. Hearing all of this though just made me sad. I laid my head on his shoulder. 

"Ayato. Friends fight all the time that doesn't exactly mean that we will stop being friends. When you fight with your friends but come back together you know that they are true friends. And I was a little jealous of you too. Back then I didn't have my siblings so I was a bit lonely also,you always had your brother's back." He smirked. 

"Come on. Let's go." I get up and help him up. He then pulls me down and into the lake. 

"Seriously dude." He laughed and walked away. I got out and ran towards him and gave him a hug so that his clothes were also wet. 

"Y/n!" He chased after me until we made it to the mansion.

"I'll get you later." I shake my head laughing and now I'm going to find my parents.  I'm surprised I didn't run into them at all. I checked my siblings room and my siblings and parents were asleep in the kids bed. I smiled and gave them all a kiss on the forehead. I went to my room to take a shower and change into new clothes. I go to my dresser and pick out some pajamas and then I heard a sound behind me.