3. Worry Worry Worry

"Do you want to die?"

Maki was furious. She glared at Kokichi Oma, the ultimate supreme leader in pure rage.

The purple haired face smiled cheerfully back at her, "Of course not! What makes you think that?"

"You're lying to me. You have to be!" Maki slammed her fist into the nearby wall, "Stop playing tricks with me and be serious!"

Kokichi frowned, "Aw is Maki mad at me? How mean! I'm finally telling the truth and this is what I get?? How annoying..."

Maki glared at him again. She knew that it was true, she just didn't want it to be. She gave in.

"God damn it... I can't believe this..." Her Hans dropped from the wall, "I get the feeling something big is coming... that might be part of the big picture..."

Kokichi' s smile returned as quick as it had left, "Tee Hee Hee! Well I'll leave you to deal with that, it's none of my business! Isn't it? I have other things to do anyways so..."

"Kokichi I need to see Shuichi and... Kaito."

"Don't worry! I'll bring them up! Anything you say, Maki." Kokichi disappeared.

Maki returned to her thoughts for a while before she heard them waiting outside. She sighed and spoke up. "You two can come in."

Kaito Momota entered swiftly, followed by Shuichi Saihara.

"Kokichi said you needed my assistance? It's no prob for my sidekick!" Kaito announced and beamed at both of them.

Shuichi was nervous as always, "What do you need. Maki?"

Maki stared at them both before revealing the news. "Makoto Naegi has dissapearred again. Our plan has crumbled before our very eyes. Rantaro was said to be the last one to see him before he vanished."

Kaito has not been expecting this, but he kept together for the most part, "Well I'm sure it's not to big of a deal for my sidekick to handle, right Maki Roll?"

Maki winced at the nickname, "No. Shuichi should not go alone. In these times no one should go alone, no matter how strong."

"Hold on, why am I going??" Shuichi asked almost hysterically, "I wasn't even the last person to see him!"

"Then who do you suggest go instead, Shuichi?" Maki questioned.

Shuichi cried out anxiously, "Tenko? Gonta? Anyone but myself? I only have detective skills, and even so, they aren't as good as Kirigiri's! They won't be good at capturing Makoto!"

"But you have already done so with both of you working together." Maki pointed out plainly.

Kaito was surprised at Shuichi's statements. "You aren't getting scared Shuichi, are you? My sidekick would never do that!"

"You do it then! See how you like it for once!" Shuichi stared at Kaito, "Don't be lazy all the time and do something!"

This was the first time Shuichi had revolted against Kaito. Kaito appeared to have frozen in place. His brain clearly couldn't process this data.

"Seems he's finally run out of brain cells..." Maki noted, glancing at Kaito. "Either way, you need to team up with someone and bring Makoto back, if possible. I'll let you decide. Don't disappoint me. I know you can make the correct choices."

This was unusual as well. Maki normally didn't encourage others as much as she was doing now. She signaled that he could leave. Shuichi dragged Kaito behind him. His brain seemed to have short circuited.

Kokichi laughed as he saw Shuichi dragging Kaito down the hallway.

"Tee Hee Hee! You guys just don't know when to quit, do ya?"

Hajime was lying on a bench outside. While he could say that it wasn't the best place to rest, he was glad they hadn't brought him to his cottage. Kazuichi has gone to finish getting everyone. So now 13 people surrounded him.

"Where's Izuru?" Nagito asked, "Why does Hajime have to be back? A lowly reserve course talentless student like him doesn't deserve to be treated like a war survivor..."

Hajime flinched at the name, "Actually I don't think we're connected anymore... he was... in his own body when I woke up..."

Nagito was not pleased, "Then can we get rid of him already? He had no place here. Well I suppose we could use him as a stepping stone for hope... but that's about as much as he can do."

"Hey! He's our friend you crazy idiot!" Kazuichi shouted at him, "We're not just gonna abandon him!"

"...Thanks for the reminder, Nagito." Hajime sighed. He was going to have to get used to this.

"Where'd you wake up, anyways?" Akane asked, "You've been away for two months..."

"Two months?" Hajime cried out in surprise, "That's longer than I thought... I woke up in a very dark room. Lots of hallways and Izuru was kneeling in front of me. He never really told me what was going on."

"Why would he tell you?" Nagito asked, "You don't deserve it."

"Shut up, man!" Kazuichi growled again

"We just kinda walked around and then Mikan took me back..." Hajime continued, ignoring Nagito.

"Mikan took you?" Mahiru asked, "Well I guess that makes sense. She is back to despair I guess."

"That pig," Hiyoko smirked, "bet she smelled awful as always."

Hajime looked around at them all. It was a bit overwhelming, considering they were towering above him.

"Wait a moment, where's Chiaki?" He asked. He didn't see the gamer anywhere.

There was a silence.

"Soda, did you not go and get everyone?" Sonia asked Kazuichi.

"W-what? No! I would never defy you, Miss Sonia!" He cried out in panic.

Sonia interrogated him, "Then where's Nanami?"

"I- I don't know! I didn't see her!" Kazuichi flailed his arms around.

Sonia crossed her arms, "Go look again then."

Kazuichi sprinted off in a flash. The others stared after him.

A few minutes later, Kazuichi came back, Chiaki following behind him.

"I...did...it!" Kazuichi cried out, panting, "I found... Nanami!"

Chiaki stared at Hajime from a distance, but stayed away. This confused Hajime slightly, but he didn't mind. As long as she was safe.

His head felt like it was being split open again. He curled in on himself involuntarily and grabbed his head in his hand.

When it finally went away he breathed in relief. His relaxation was cut short, however, because his hand was covered in blood again. He didn't realize his head could bleed that much.

There was a commotion as everyone tried to figure out who would be best as a medic in Mikan's place. Hajime was confused in himself but he felt a chill go down his spine. He turned his head to see that Chiaki was still staring at him, motionless.